• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

experience of taking different multivitamins/minerals on methylation protocol?

Hello,

I am new here. Have been following Dr Myhill's protocol for over a year and made some good improvements but wanting to see what more I can achieve. I've had FM/CFS for at least half my life (I'm now 33). This forum has some really useful information so thank you all for sharing!

My query is regarding the Yasko protocol and the multivitamin supplement that is recommended. Have most of you used this particular supplement (General Vitamin Neurological Health Formula) or have you done it in conjunction with another multi? I currently take a Biocare supplement (Contains vit A 2,000 i.u, B1 25mg, B2 25mgs, B3 50mgs, B5 100mgs, B6 as its active form pyridoxal-5-phosphate 25mgs, B12 30mcg, inositol 12mgs, PABA 10mgs, folic acid 400mcg, magnesium ascorbate 300mgs (vit C), Vit D 250i.u, Vit E 75i.u. Also zinc 7.8mgs, manganese 300mcg, chromium 50mcg, iodine 50mcg, selenium 50mcg) and 'Myhill's Magic Minerals' which essentially contain all the minerals plus some vit d and b12.

I am wondering whether I'd be better off switching to the NHF multi - to avoid copper and iron which Dr Yasko thinks is important I understand? Also the Biocare contains 400mcg of folic acid so I'm not sure if that is a good idea?

I'm hoping to get the methylation panel done before I start.

Many thanks guys.