• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Electric Throw/Poncho

Valentijn

My fiance needed something to apply heat to his back after he injured it, and the site he was looking at had other electrically heated products ... so I finally got a heated throw that I can curl up under on the couch: http://www.princess.nl/en/producten/371-koozzzi-poncho.html .

They have a bigger blanket, but I'm liking the small size of the poncho. Big enough for me to sit cross-legged under, wearing it backwards so it covers my legs, and my arms rest on it while I'm typing so they get warm too, or I can tuck my arms underneath it for a while :) Anyhow, it gets my skin warmed up in 15-20 minutes instead of taking hours after being outside in the cold.

And very soft and fuzzy exterior. Only downside thus far is that the heat is most intense in the middle of the throw, and the heated parts don't extend all the way to the borders. Still feels great though!

adreno

PR activist
Some people have gotten electrocuted using these things, so please be careful.