• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Skinner facing new GMC IOP

I am passing on a message from Dr Skinner's team. He is facing another IOP. If you wish to, and are able, show support, the details follow:

'Unfortunately the celebrations were short lived – Dr Skinner has been summoned for another IOP on the 24th May 2012 at the GMC in Manchester. I am so sorry to ask this again but could you put this out to as many people as possible and ask them to write in as
before please. It makes a difference to have patient support letters and if patients could attend that would be even better.

The case number for IOP on the 24th May is ES/C1-462487326. Letters should be addressed to the IOP Panel, c/o Mrs Elisa Summerfield, General Medical Council, 3 Hardman Street, Manchester M3 3AW. Email esummerfield@gmc-uk.org. A copy to the following Dr Skinner team email would be useful: afshan@vri.org.uk '