• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Bateman's presentation on bringing doctors up to speed on ME and FM

Kati

Patient in training

This 1 hour presentation provides a lot of insight about why the field of ME and FM is so neglected and why doctors do not learn about these diseases in med school. Well worth of your time.

There may be one or 2 topics I disagree with (or do not have sufficient information to agree with her), like the use of the IOM criteria, but we can talk about that ;)

Research 1st

Severe ME, POTS & MCAS.
Lots of good advice from Dr Bateman.

I hope the people who make decisions behind closed doors can be bothered to listen to her very thorough talk though?

It seems, as ever, the doctors who can see the plight we are in like Dr Bateman, do their utmost to help us, and yet the people who could alter policy are too busy honing their golf handicap to notice.