• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Doesn't it have to be the Gut?

Freddd

It takes half the total B12 in the body to provide the liver with the capacity to detoxify, both methylation and ATP, in the ways it does. And that all includes C}LCF and methylfolate too.

Violeta

It takes half the total B12 in the body to provide the liver with the capacity to detoxify, both methylation and ATP, in the ways it does. And that all includes C}LCF and methylfolate too.

I didn't know B12 helps the liver detoxify, that's good news. Do you mean that l-carnitine fumarate and methylfolate help detoxify it, too?

Freddd

I didn't know B12 helps the liver detoxify, that's good news. Do you mean that l-carnitine fumarate and methylfolate help detoxify it, too?

Hi Violeta,

The liver does a huge amount of detox work. It takes energy to do that. As half ot the entire body's b12 supply is working b12 in the liver, and when there is cell damage, releases it into the blood, which is why high b12 levels, without supplementing, say above 5000 or so, is often a sign of liver damage. SAM-e is directly considered to aid detox in the liver and SAM-e is a product of MeCbl and methylfolate. ATP works with enzymes which the liver produces lots of, for detoxifying all sorts of things. So while the pathways are directly the results of all 4 of the deadlock quartet I don't know how the language would properly say that they aid in detox.

I was never intending to stop the vitamins. Going several weeks at a time was partially an accident. With the holidays and travel over Thanksgiving and Christmas, my wife was going just fine without the protocol. Once she has gone a few weeks without, I like to see the sypmtoms come back before continuing. This does a few things. One, it reinforces the need for them. Two, it is a chance to learn about symptoms. Three, it is a chance to rebalance what she needs.

As crazy as it sounds, my wife can hardly remember how bad she was and what the vitamins do for her. Even when she initially recovered, I could recognize improvement a lot easier than she could "feel" the changes. Plus my wife remembers her life before vitamins and when she was relatively healthy as a teen. So she is somewhat defiant of the vitamins, even after the most horrific set of symptoms and a miraculous. I think it's a little bit that she doesn't want to be dependent on them and a little bit of not wanting to dissolve the b12 under her tounge as well. When she can go without for a week and not feel bad, its hard to jump back on the protocol. This probably sounds crazy to someone suffering, it even sounds crazy to me, but it is what it is.

What I meant by "quit thinking about this and take the damn vitamins" was that personally I should stop trying to understand the root cause and focus on the "cure". Not that I ever intended to stop them.

Thanks to share.

Maybe she has good instincts,and feels like there is something imperfect or lacking in what she takes.Like somebody that forget his lenses or don't want to wear them,sign that they are not anymore adapted as they were once or not enough, lacking of something.
I was wondering, if despite, she is cured,able to love and make others happy,succeed in his life.She doesn't reach real happinness with the protocol?
I mean Could happiness to take his supplementation be a symptom of perfect ballance of what body needs and unwillingness of taking it,be a symptom of something being imperfect,NOT SUSTAINABLE IN THE LONG RUN ?
pure speculation of course, but your post inspired me this.

Last edited: