When the 'Holiday Season' Is No Holiday at all for Those With ME/CFS
Is December getting to you? Jody Smith shares some thoughts on some of the struggles that all too often attend this time of year ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Do you have to be in constant pain with Fibromyalgia?

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by wonderoushope, Jul 4, 2018.

1. wonderoushope

wonderoushope Senior Member

My GP a while ago thought I probably had fibromyalgia. I am a bit confused though.... I do have a lot of tender points in my body and I get flare-ups of stiffness and lower back pain, migraines, but I wouldn't say I am in constant pain for the most part. However, if you touched any of the points in my body I would be in absolute agony (knees, feet, buttocks, lower back, elbows, neck, upper back, hands etc). I am always surprised when I go to an osteopath and the work on my lower back and buttocks and I can't believe how painful and tender it is (I sometimes scream with pain), yet if I don't actually touch it, I don't feel pain or stiffness. In addition, I get quite a bit of costochondritis flare-ups and my chest is very tender. Can this still be classified as Fibro, even though I don't tend to feel the pain unless I touch the trigger points?

The only other thing I can think of is my diet keeps the pain under control.

I have fatigue, brain fog, sleep issues, stiffness and food sensitivities too.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    alkt likes this.
  2. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member

New Mexico
    In a nutshell............yes it can still be classified as Fibro.

3. maybe some day

maybe some day Senior Member

San Francisco bay area
    Yes, that is a symptom of fibro. Trigger points are one of the diagnostic tools used.

wonderoushope and alkt like this.

See more popular forum discussions.