• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

DMSA at a low dosage

I just started taking 25mg DMSA and ALA today and I don't know if I can handle a higher dose. I feel all woozy and weird. I know this is a really low dose though. Do you think it is ok? Is it going to take me like 10 years to detox at this rate?

garyfritz

25 mg is not that low of a starting dose. Many people find they have to back off to 5, 2, or even 1 mg at first, depending on their level of toxicity.

Do you have any mercury amalgams? You should never take chelators (such as ALA and DMSA) while you still have mercury in your mouth.

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear it's not that low of a dose! No I don't have mercury amalgams. I believe I was exposed to mercury in utero. But I'm confused if it is worth chelating? Cutler's book says that chelating only increases mercury excretion by 30%, which doesn't sound like it helps very much. Is it worth it for me to do chelation after all these years, I would think most of it would be gone by now? But I do have a lot of symptoms and my hair and blood tests show some things that suggest mercury poisoning.

garyfritz

Definitely. Mercury comes out of cells & etc, but it takes many decades to come out of the brain. Head over to the ACC group on FB (acfanatics) and you'll learn a lot more. And everyone will tell you to chelate. :)

Thank you! I looked up the acfanatics group but it was for some celebrity. I will chelate though and hopefully it will help me. :)

Thank you I heard of that group before! I was looking for it but was never able to find it! I'm so excited to finally join haha