• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Detox Causes Major Body Fatigue Upon Waking Up

taroki

My body is extremely fatigued when I wake up after taking detox supplements the day prior. It's as if my body has utilized all its resources while detoxing overnight. Yesterday it was L'Ornithine, previously I had tried Enterosgel, RestorX, Xymogen's OptiCleanse GHI and others which are suppose to cause no side effects in normal people.

Anyone know why this is? Would more glutathione or L-glutamine help?

I haven't got my 23andMe results yet, but I suspect MTHFR and CBS mutations based on what I have read on this forum so far.

Really this is the main thing stopping me from continuing detox right now (and I do feel better after detox otherwise).

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I am not sure that your body being tired from doing its work would be considered a side effect. Perhaps if you took less of the supplements and slowed down the detox you would not get as tired.

Recovering from almost any type of illness is work for your body and often requires extra rest.

knackers323

I always feel worse on waking without doing any treatment. Could this mean I have a detoxing problem?

taroki

hmm .... so it's normal to feel like you've been run over by a truck in the morning after detox? My bf has tried almost everything I have, and although he has many toxins as well he doesn't have these major fatigue/herx symptoms like I do (he is much stronger and bigger than me).

sregan

I have gone through this, esp. when using SMP supplements. I have found a lot of relief just by taking minerals in the morning. If I"m really bad I leave them by the bedside.

See this post for more info:

After getting up (6:30-6:45 or within 1/2 hour of waking) my Minerals
  • Natural Factors Zinc Chelate 12.5mg (1/2 tablet)
  • Kal Magnesium Gycinate 200mg (1/2 tablet).
  • Natures Way Selenium (67mg - 1/3 or 1/2 capsule)
  • Natures Way Potassium Chelate (99mg)
  • Coral Calcium 1/8 tsp
  • Natures Way Boron
  • Country life Molybdenum