• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Day 2 of ldn and feel like c**p

ahmo

Here's a response from a knowledgeable member of one of the Yahoo LDN groups.
LDN upregulates the body’s endorphins and met-enkephalins (met enkephalin known as OGF - Opioid Growth Factor), as well as the receptors for the endorphins and OGF to attach onto. The goal is to have LDN antagonising the receptors for around 4 hours.

This then allows for the remaining 20 hours of the day for the upregulated levels of endorphins and OGF to interact with the upregulated receptors. It is this cell interaction that inhibits inflammation, pain and cell proliferation.

Good info site: https://sites.google.com/site/dudleyslowdosenaltrexonesites/

digital dog

Mary, that is my polite explanation. Most days I add a lot more expletives!! :rolleyes:

I have hashimotos and high antibodies so Im hoping it will help with this. I could not tolerate thyroxine and not willing to try another T med for a looooong time (so traumatised from the thyroxine) so if this helps then I would be OVER THE MOON...

I'll take anything. Literally a 5% improvement would be wonderful.