• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

David Tuller needs our help

Starlight

He has been brilliant,his persistence and dogged determination are awesome.i have felt afraid many times that he would give up and I have been so glad to see him rallying back again. It is taking huge effort on his part to take this thing down and down it has to come. His work is hugely important to us..I feel it is extraordinary that he came on the scene to do this and that he stayed. I will donate again next weekend.

Hilary

He has been brilliant,his persistence and dogged determination are awesome.i have felt afraid many times that he would give up and I have been so glad to see him rallying back again. It is taking huge effort on his part to take this thing down and down it has to come. His work is hugely important to us..I feel it is extraordinary that he came on the scene to do this and that he stayed. I will donate again next weekend.
I'd double-like this if I could.

Can anyone remind me how to do the quote thing properly so it turns up in a pink box? I did know how to do it but my brain seems to have erased that piece of information (along with a lot of other stuff..:eek:)

Wolfiness

Activity Level 0
Not so good.

t8rsjt.png

Kati

Patient in training
I am waiting for my credit card's new month to start in order to make another donation. While there are day to day fluctuations I am sure others are waiting for money to come in in order to donate.

AndyPR

It doesn't really work like that i think.

David needs the full 60k to have a position in Berkeley.

Without that he is on his own.
Hmm. It's not clear on the page, unless I'm missing something. My donation is already showing on my credit card transactions, so the money has already gone towards the fundraise, so, unless Crowdrise then do a mass refund to everybody in the event of it not hitting target, presumably something must happen to all that money.

taniaaust1

As Ive screwed up things with my email account again, it isnt accessable to me, it looks like I need to probably be able to use my email to do the donation (eg probably confirm???) on the first link?

Can I donate without being able to access any email?

Last edited:

taniaaust1

Hmm. It's not clear on the page, unless I'm missing something. My donation is already showing on my credit card transactions, so the money has already gone towards the fundraise, so, unless Crowdrise then do a mass refund to everybody in the event of it not hitting target, presumably something must happen to all that money.

he should get it, I see this has only been going for 2 weeks of the fundraising month and already over 2/3 the way to the amount needed.

BurnA

Sorry, I'll try to be clearer

For David to have a position in Berkeley he must raise 60k.

If he doesn't raise the full 60k he will still work on PACE etc. but not as part of an academic institution. (Berkeley)

So he will still use all the money raised to fund his work, but it will be funding David directly. So it's not like a pro rata amount per month.

David will more than likely continue working on Pace as much as he can, it's not like he has apportioned a value per month.
But ultimately he needs a wage.

taniaaust1

I'd like to remind everyone that David Tuller was doing heaps for us even before the PACE trial with his ME/CFS articles which were published in a well recognised journal. He's been one of our greatest ME/CFS advocates to highlight this illness and our situations as far as publications go

trishrhymes

I'm guessing, hoping, there are lots of others like me who are waiting another week to see how the donations go, and if it's looking doubtful, will make another donation if we can, but if it's fine, will donate to ME research instead.