• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cycle of feeling great then bad. Rinse, repeat

I have Lyme Disease.

I have the following mutations:
MTHFR A1298C homozygous
CBS A360A homozygous
NAT2 K268R homozygous

I take:
2 ml of hydroxycobalmin - 2 intramuscularly injections / week
full dose of http://www.seekinghealth.com/optimal-multivitamin-240-vegetarian-capsules.html / daily, 4 capsules 2 times a day

I feel great for roughly three weeks, tons of energy. Night and day difference with how I usually feel. After about three weeks, each time I take my capsules, I feel very weak, like a detox. I also get more and more depressed each time I take those pills. When I take 100 mg of niacine, I start to feel better again. I then wait a week, 10 days. something like that. I feel great again for three weeks and bam, same thing happens again.

I also had the same experience with NTFactor (ATPFuel from Researched Nutritionals). But instead of three weeks it was three days.

Is this over/under methylation?
Just the methylation cycle starting up again and I need to ride it out?
Something that gets depleted?

Martial

Lyme disease can have ups and downs of feeling a lot better, and then as bad as the beginning. This isn't the case for everyone but if it is for you, sometimes it is independent of any kind of treatment you try and just part of the illness. THat being said if this is how you feel and suspect amethylation issue, the first thing I would think is to make sure your potassium and magnesium needs are being met as methylation rapidly depletes them, as well as salt and calcium to a lesser extent.