• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Crazy insane itching! Somebody make it go away!

Levi

Kinda a gross topic, but scabies can be tricky to sort out. At any given time, most folks affected have only a half dozen mites or so on the body. However, as they feed they inject a systemic toxin that causes a severe global itching reaction in the victim. The hallmark symptom is worsening of itching at night vs daytime. Also look for red blotches on chest after a hot shower. Very difficult to detect or get rid of; essential oils can work if you boil all your clothing and bedding first/regularly. Good luck!

place

Be Strong!
Nano- I agree with your theory. It is the immune system... all jack up. All my problems can be attributed to immunity or energy. My energy is good now... still working on immunity.

Two words: Low potassium. ! Seriously, I was going mad with itching when starting b12/methylfolate, and how do you find the cause of a generic symptom like that?! Luckily I managed to pinpoint it.... Read what Freddd has to say about low potassium dangers and then try supplementing. :)

place

Be Strong!
Ha ha Daisy... thats what I say for all my symptoms! More potassium! The itch has stopped thank goodness. But if it starts up again, I will see if my stand by will work.