• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Compare your country's ME/CFS research funding with Canada's - similar?

waiting

Thanks to Kati for tweeting the following news story that appeared yesterday on the Canadian "National ME/FM Action Network" website about their recent meeting and subsequent letter to the "Canadian Institutes of Health Research": Network asks CIHR to address the ME/CFS and FM Research Deficits.

It would be interesting to compare funding rates (per patient, per year) and # of citizens affected between all countries represented on this forum (note: the relevant categories are split into CFS, FM and MCS).

(I thought I'd re-post it here on PR for everyone as Kati is extremely busy with fundraising and advocacy!).

Kati

Patient in training
Thank you Waiting, I appreciate you posting it. It is an article very worthy of sharing and targetting our canadian politicians. i have sent to Carolyn Bennett. MP who has instigated the recent order paper. we need things changing in Canada (and all around the world).