• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Calling all News Activists:FDA studying vaccines as vectors for retrovirus

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
And we have discovered on this forum and others that we are one of the most vaccinated populations. Many, many of us have been over-vaccinated due to work and travel....

Sushi

gregf

I think reporters are going to be very reluctant to write about this.
Anyhow I have tweeted it. If Drspeedy picks it up, it will get noticed.

jewel

In addition to Amy J., send an email with a link to major health writers or health section editors in all major print news organizations (Post, NYT, etc), alternatives (Salon, Huffington Post, Nation), periodicals (Times, Newsweek, CSMonitor), as well as broadcast (radio/TV--NPR, Frontline, 60 minutes, 20-20). You never know who will be having a slow news week and may want to pick this up. Since the FDA is being proactive in this research, it may be easier to have someone pick it up (FDA to the rescue...). Just thinking "aloud" so to speak...

leela

These are great ideas. Finding the journalists and their contacts is too much work for me right now.
I was hoping someone would see this thread who is already armed with all that info; I know there are activists/
advocates who have relationships with health writers already.

leela

Okay, I managed an email to Amy Marcus and the WSJ editor, and the "scoop" departemtn at HuffPost.
If anyone has the contact info for other health writers/journals, please help.

Desdinova

I agree the average news director isn't going to let this be covered unless they're simply desperate for a health news blurb to show on some odd day. I'm also wary of the FDA mentioning XMRV at the tail end of that article. And can't help but wonder if this isn't a baiting tactic to get us to do exactly that and be the ones to inform the media.

Only for them (FDA) to eventually come out saying that they've looking into it and found nothing needs to be done at this time. That way any objection by us can be dismissed as us being obsessive people with a fixation. At which point everyone's favorite psych and CFS/ME expert will be called in by the news media in large for Q&A time.