• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best Sauna or method for Detox?

IreneF

Many of these detox reactions sound a lot like POTS. I can't tolerate heat at all. A hot shower usually brings on unpleasant symptoms, plus PEM the next day.

I think people should pay attention to their bodies, not to theories that may not apply to them. A sauna is wonderful if you are healthy, but if you are sick, you may be doing yourself harm, and make it harder to heal in the long run.

Gondwanaland

Wow! FIR is very powerful for detoxing. Even with just a 5 minute session on my mat on high, I get a 'hangover' feeling in that lasts for hours... And watery, foul smelling stool. I don't really look forward to going through the process of getting it all out, but I look forward go the outcome of being clean.
It actually sounds like some mineral deficiency has been induced.

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
It actually sounds like some mineral deficiency has been induced.

I am not so sure its a mineral deficency. There was no sweat at all. What makes you think so?

I felt pretty bad and mentally foggy for several hours after this morning's FIR exposure, and just now... as the sun sets,I feel clear and normal again.

Gondwanaland

There was no sweat at all.
No sweat at all???
What makes you think so?
Because my husband had been taking zinc for almost 2 months and after some time started having the same IBS-D you described, at first I though it was discharge of excess iron and copper, but it turned out it was loss of essential iron and copper. He was also feeling weak and could not get out of the bed in the morning I think it was due to low copper anemia. I couldn't get him out of bed to draw blood though.

His bowel movements normalized in the very 1st day of mineral supplementation (Zn, Cu, Mn,Se)., and his mood and disposition have greatly improved in 3 days.

I had been supplementing zinc myself for 2 weeks and a terrible FM started. I went to draw blood and there it was anemia (low RBCs) with high iron, ferritin, B12 and B9. I started taking the multimineral as well and pain is gone, weakness, blurry vision, cognitive impairment, all gone in the 1st day.

The idea of supplementing Zinc only came from our dr, to raise testosterone in both of us, but

From what I experienced so far this week, I think that NOW I will be able to tolerate a B2 supplementation.

I guess that the depression at sunset induced by B2 is related with hematopoiesis and copper deficiency. Now that copper supplementation makes me feel awesome at sunset, I am ready to try some B2. I hope that regular Riboflavin can give me some boosting, since my import department is closed right now :rolleyes: