• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Babe: On bad days the slightest move can cause anguish.

AndyPR

Yes, seriously, the site is called Babe. This is an awareness article about ME featuring L.A. Cooper.
It started at the age of 10, when L.A. caught a common stomach bug. She began sleeping for 20 hours a day, waking up to be “violently sick”, then falling back to sleep. No one knew what was wrong with her, and she was diagnosed and medicated for countless illnesses she didn’t have. It wasn’t until she was 13, three years later, she was diagnosed with ME, myalgic encephalomyelitis – commonly known as “Chronic Fatigue Syndrome”.

L.A. Cooper is now a prominent activist and campaigner for ME Action Network UK, “for British patients to empower each other to fight for health equality”.

She told The Tab what it’s like to live with and fight an undiagnosable and incurable disease:

http://thetab.com/uk/2017/02/07/bad...-cant-speak-i-cant-concentrate-anything-30634

Apparently Babe is an offshoot of The Tab, which I would guess is why the URL links to thetab.com.