• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B12 does seem to be helping me :)

SilverbladeTE

ok I often get bit better from September to October, as heat helps, cold worsens, seasons have real big effect on me, with a delay of a month or two, so after warm Summer I feel better, and feel like hell February/March
so have to keep that in mind, and way this illness does vary

however, been taking B12 for about 3 months, I upped it month or so ago to 2000mcg day and that seems to have had real impact:
~less brain fog and similar issues, so I've been able to do more writing/thinking
always hard to explain the "fog" and related issues exactly, more to it than just the brain fog as you will know.

~less depression

weather turned for the worst and have had the most awful year ever, so on whole my ME and general health are worsening more than before.
my mental capacity is deteriorating which I find very distressful, completely unable to "see" words and concepts more and more, proverbial "tip of tongue" but much worse, I couldn't do much of the stuff on Net I do without having Net itself to check up on words etc, sitting there completely unable to bring to the fore stuff I know so well.
So some improvement is essential at this point.

Any tips suggestions on B12, please? :)

I've been using these tablets: Jarrow Methylcobalamin B12, 1000mcg, 100 Lemon Flavour Vegan Lozenges (1000mcg, 100 Lemon Flavour Vegan Lozenges

Last edited:

L'engle

moogle
The enzymatic therapy brand might help more with brain fog. I still have tons of it but the b12 does allow windows of proper functioning.

I assume you've got a potassium supplement on hand as well. Everything can get a lot worse with the low potassium effect.

I take metafolin with the b12. It may help it absorb.

I tried lithium orotate last month which at first seemed to help fog but after a few days did nothing but make my thyroid hurt. So I wouldn't necessarily recommend that.

The b12 is one of my only treatments I bother to continue with. Hope it can help you as well.

Esther12

No tips, but always pleased to hear when someone is feeling better. edit: actually, just re-read and saw you're having an awful year. Drat. Best wishes for things picking up soon then.

barbc56

Have you tried light therapy? My doctor also has me up my vitamin D mid September as I am deficient but I have to be careful about that because of kidney stones, so am still at a lower dose than most.

Good luck.