• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Aus Radio National Health Report segment on B12 supplementation

Adster

There is a transcript if the audio won't play in your country, but it should.

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/healthreport/vitamin-b12-supplementation/3823160

I'm not sure how credible the researcher is, he lost me a bit with this sweeping generalisation:

Norman Swan:
Inevitably people will say oh, I dont like taking supplements cant I do this from my diet, cant I get the vitamin B12 from my diet?

David Spence: No, vitamin B12 comes from meat and meat is bad for you.

alex3619

Hi, isn't Norman Swan the guy who thinks the PACE trial is fantastic, and is unhappy with how the patient community responded to it. He was totally uncritical of PACE. I do not watch his show, as I do not trust his judgement. Bye, Alex

Adster

It seems you are right Alex, I missed that show. Good to see lots of feedback on the website from the ME community.