• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

AOR mB12 15mg

Lotus97

Since this thread seems to have transitioned into methylfolate, I'll ask this here - Is there a recommended straight-up mfolate? I get cofactors elsewhere and the Solgar Metafolin brand is out because I can't stomach mannitol. I see things like Metabolic Maintenance 5-MTHF on iherb but that doesn't explicitly state L-Methyfolate. I read that the "6R", "D" and other forms were inferior or not active.
I only mentioned methylfolate because I was curious how much a person was taking in relation to their B12 dose, but this thread is about AOR's mb12. 5-MTHF is just another word for methylfolate. Any brand should be fine however I would recommend starting at a low dose of methylfolate. Some people can tolerate higher doses, but many find 200 mcg sufficient and for a few people even 200 mcg is too much to start out with.

Freddd

Since this thread seems to have transitioned into methylfolate, I'll ask this here - Is there a recommended straight-up mfolate? I get cofactors elsewhere and the Solgar Metafolin brand is out because I can't stomach mannitol. I see things like Metabolic Maintenance 5-MTHF on iherb but that doesn't explicitly state L-Methyfolate. I read that the "6R", "D" and other forms were inferior or not active.

Hi Xjhuez,

There are quite a few brands now that have Metafolin by brand name which refers to the folate, not the pill or capsule inacitve ingrediants. What Merck does require is that all meet the same absorbed potency requirements. Then there are a few others getting in the act with unknown versions of l-methylfolate that are not required by a company like Merck to meert standards. I don't know about the others. Right now I'm still perfecting what I am doing with Solgar Metafolin. Once I can get that consistant I'll compare some other brands. One of the reason I choose Solgar is that I can afford it., barely.