• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

anyone feel better with some l-methionine?

xrayspex

do any people feel a bit better on l-methionine? does msm work similarly? right now i don't have the brain power or phys energy to deeply research, study and experiment too intricately with all of the orthomolecular concepts--I have experimented with many supplements and had docs willing to play Goldstein on and off for me over the years so have good sense that better to leave most vits and mins and aminos alone except for occasional or vit c
but sometimes methionine ok whereas most aminos can't deal with

wondering if that means per hoffer/pfeiffer thinking I might fit into the histadelia category and if anyone here aware of that and has other advice if that the case relatiing to that category

alex3619

I have heard of methionine helping some patients from about 1998 or so. Its been tried and tried. Some seem to respond, most do not, from what I have heard. If you have found something that works for you, and if it continues to work, that is a good thing. If you have not tried it yet then be aware it can also cause issues with some of us. So be careful.

Critterina

I'm not a CFS patient, but methionine seemed to help while my labs showed I was deficient. I quit after a while, when I figured my protein digestion had improved.