• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone else afarid to take B's and keep putting it off??

Hey everyone

I've tried taking my B's in the past but have had bad reactions to them. Increased mental symptoms, anxiety, depression.

I am now afraid to take them, it's almost like a phobia and I keep putting off until, tomorrow, and then tomorrow. There's always some excuse as to why I talk myself out of taking them. But, I know it's because of the reactions I've had with them in the past.

I know I need to take them because I have B12 deficiency and it's beginning to cause me problems and I know it's only going to get worse. But I'm so afraid to take the B12.

Any advice or suggestions. I know that I just have to force myself to take them and just surrender to the process.

Thanks

PeterPositive

I had similar issues starting the Bs in a moment of deep deficiency. I reacted badly and had to back off for a while then I simply started very low and tried to find a dosage that caused little to no problems.

It has taken me many months to get to a "normal" dosage trying different forms, and products, brands etc...

Patience is the key. If you can keep the anxiety at bay it will be fine :)

maddietod

Have you experimented with different brands and forms of Bs? For example, sublingual B12 tabs, or drops? Both of these could also be broken down into low doses and you could titrate up.

determined

I was very much afraid for years and I didn't start for that reason, until, well, I finally did.

But when I finally did start with "near homeopathic doses," I saw big results. So much so that I started work full time almost two years ago. My job is very rigorous, both physically and mentally, but I do love it.

I am not cured but my symptoms of weakness/fatigue haven't bothered me much at all since I started the supplements. I have other symptoms and I need to do better with diet, but I can exercise with long walks (moderate pace) and use of weights.

here is my story:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/methylation-very-low-very-slow-results.9849/