• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any help gratefully received

Quilp

Every day Diarrhea, sometimes accompanied by blood. I see the gastro doc on Monday. The blood is coming from further down the tract, given its colour.
Perhaps this is the price i'm paying from changing my diet. But change the diet I must. Although feeling a little rough in September, this is the best year I've had in almost 20, and it's down to the diet, no question.

Breakfast

Sauerkraut
Spinach
Natural Greek Yogurt
Digestive enzymes

Lunch

salad
fish/meat
apple
olives

Tea

walnuts
brazil nuts
soup ( veg ) a little potatos in that
slice of onion/two garlic cloves
digestive enzymes

Supper

One orange
more yogurt
perhaps more nuts
Kefir

Throughout the day one and a half litres of warm water.
No pasta, no rice, no chocolate,no bread ( trying gluten free today )
occasional coffee/milk

Lots of blood after taking too much tumeric which I now know to be a blood thinner.
Thanks for any help, and good luck to those of you on a similar diet.

Quilp

Hello, yes, I still remember going for a run and at the end, my adominal region hurt so bad I thought I might have to go to hospital. It subsided, but I was never the same again. Later my head was spinning, and I tried to sleep. The very next day I was never the same again, going downhill, and getting worse.

Two years plus ago Lipkin mentioned Kefir with a view to helping increase the good bacteria. It is the best thing that has happened to me. I am slowly getting better. I can now read a little, and I can watch TV. I am getting better, I can feel happiness. I try to drink a full bottle of Kefir every day but it is too much and I bleed when going for a number two. I ease up on the kefir and the blood stops.

I want to say so much - I am convinced that the gut holds the answers. I have a life worth living, and without doubt Kefir is the reason why. The only other item I take is Digestive enzymes. I am getting there. I want others to get there too, but we are all different. Kefir, digestive enzymes might not help others.

For me, I am going to make a full recovery one day, of that I have no doubt. It might take a few years, because I feel that I am improving every month. It is the Kefir, I have no doubt.

I wish you well.

herpesbaby

I've started taking probiotics like a month ago and already feel the difference. I will look into dygestive enzymes, thank you indeed @Quilp

I cried a few times today reading your threads. I was amazed how you managed to meet your wife while being sick.
I'm sorry but I don't want to end up like you being sick for 20 years. I'm too impatient for that. But I'm really sorry you were sick most of your adult life so far. I wish you health. I think you will recover because those people who don't recover, they progressively get worse. You seem to start to see the light. Also, reading your blog I though Sir you don't have a brain fog at all!

Got sick on April 19 this year. Sorry, one last question, have you had red eyes at any point?

Last edited: