• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

About Vitamin C and magnesium...

zzz0r

I have found out that magnesium is a crucial importance factor for my body and has a major impact in the energy and endurance levels as well as the sleep quality.

The problem at least for me is that magnesium supplementation is not as effecient as someone could expect it to be. I have found out accidentally that supplementing Ester-c (vitamin c) together with magnesium citrate has major impact and immediate effect.

Earlier by using just magnesium citrate or asparate I needed 3 to 4 days to recover by a crash (mostly by PEM) but with vitamin c it is totally different. I do not know if it is a gut absorption issue or mitochondria cell penetration issue but the effect is obvious at least for me.

I would like to ask regarding the different types of Vitamin C available. Is buffered vitamin C with bioflavonoids different than Ester-c and different than liposomal vitamin c ? Which is the most effecient in absorption by the cells and gut? Please rank them if anyone knows

UM MAN

I make my Liposomal Vitamin C, and two, 500mg doses a day works well for me. Before I discovered Liposomal, I sublingualed 250mg of CHEWABLE Vitamin C wafers, 4 times a day. I opine that the two techniques seemed to deliver equal amounts of C.

ahmo

@zzz0r I get both my mg and C in footbaths. This means I can use ascorbic acid, the cheapest form. I used to make mag oil from mg chloride, but found I was using way too much, switched to mg citrate. I'm sure mg chloride would work also. Footbaths have been great for me, do them AM/PM. Probably not for everyone. I put all my aminos, minerals in as well. Do not need more than by taking orally. cheers

whodathunkit

Until recently I never considered vitamin C to be crucial. We all need certain amounts of it, but I never could tell it was doing anything for me. I took it because we're supposed to.

Then I added liposomal C to my regimen after being on Freddd's methylation protocol for a few months. Wow! Big boost!

I'm now taking at least 2000mg of liposomal C per day, and it's helping other things besides just my energy.

If you're interested in liposomal C, you can buy it from a company called "LivOn Labs". It's quite pricey but a very good product.

Or you can make your own. I do, and some others on this board (including UM Man above). Here's a link to an easy recipe.

http://www.pdazzler.com/archives/62

It uses a jewelry cleaner to vibrate the vitamin C into the soy phospholipids to form liposomes.

It definitely does matter the type of vitamin C and the delivery method. I think some people oral powders work okay, but others (like me) need something a bit more powerful, if only to make up an existing deficiency.