• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

AARP Create the Good Contest--for U.S. and certain other regions (e.g. Virgin Islands

frenchtulip

I didn't realize I hadn't posted this contest here. AARP has a contest in which you can submit your story about your volunteering experience(s) focusing primarily on what you have done in the past year. There will be seven regional winners chosen by judges. Each will receive $5,000 for his/her charity. There is also a grand prize of $10,000 chosen from among the seven regional winners by popular vote. This amount will also go to charity. So you could win $15,000 for your charity. AARP is looking for big and little ways in which people help others. The story is limited to 250 words. Deadline for submissions is Sept. 30th. I think something written in a fresh, creative way or something that shows that little contributions can make a big difference might have a real shot with the judges.

http://aarp.promo.eprize.com/createthegood/