• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

$240,000 raised!!! #TripleTuesdayOMF- For every $1 donated OMF will receive $3!!! $100k goal!

Hi guys,

Update from Linda:

Awesome news! Because of the success, ANOTHER donor has stepped up and is tripling all donations up to $95k! (Was up to $75k).

So again, if you know anyone who has ever said about donating, enquired, etc feel free to give them a gentle poke :D

Thanks guys for all the support-OMF are SO grateful.

B

This is so exciting and brilliant. Donation in and now I've got to try and settle down again. So wonderful! Whooopeeee!

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
ANOTHER UPDATE!!!

So far we have exceeded our goal of $100k- we are at $128k!!! :eek::woot::hug:

Not only that, but we have had more donors step up and continue tripling and our goal is now $160k!!!

This is a genuine suprise and OMF and myself are so thankful for this generosity! This is a huge boost for the amazing research.

So lets try and keep it going! Im not sure where this will end up-its snowballing! :cool:

B

Ben H

Hey @Ben Howell I have donated and my dad wants to but he would like to talk to someone at OMF first, he has tried calling and emailing but hasnt been able to get in touch. Should I pm you his email? Thanks

Hi @Cohen2

Thanks so much for your donation!

Yes sure-please PM me and we can go from there. Thanks!

This is fantastic news, I am so excited! Managed to get my husband to donate - triple giving is too good to miss.

Hey @justy

Awesome, thanks so much and please thank your husband!

B

Ben H

UPDATE-(some)Reasons to donate and personal testimonials:

HOPE-MECFS-Facebook.jpg
Triple Giving Tuesday (#TripleTuesdayOMF)
OMF DONORS INSPIRE ACTION

Donors around the world have taken the time to express why they support OMF. As we celebrate our Triple Giving Tuesday, we thank you all for sharing these thoughtful statements and are grateful to each and every one of you for your individual support and encouragement.

Here are a few of the testimonials we have received...

"I've been watching CFS research go nowhere for 30 years and now I finally see hope with ALL of the work you are ALL doing. Beyond the obviously bright and talented scientific minds, there is a feeling of love, care, and deep respect for CFS sufferers and their families that I have never felt before." Elizabeth

"Linda Tannenbaum is doing a superb job of leading this effort to cure over 1 million ill in US, perhaps 17,000,000 worldwide. She has met with experts and patients nationwide and even visited my 22 year son at our home last month, showing her true compassion. I focus my donations on OMF since it is a leading organization funding key patient R&D including the severe ME/CFS patient study." Mark

"OMF has given me hope I have not even dared to feel all these years being severely ill with ME/CFS. People involved have the unique blend of stunning expertise and personal investment in finding the cure. That way I know that every dollar I donate goes straight into solving ME/CFS in the best and quickest way possible. And their results so far have shown I've been right to trust them." Nuenistiva

During OMF's Triple Giving Tuesday campaign (until 11/29/16), your support goes an extra-long way. Please join Elizabeth, Mark, and Neunistiva in showing your support of OMF. Please donate today!

Working together we will triple the chance to end ME/CFS and other chronic complex diseases.
Thank you for taking action today.

With gratitude from the OMF Board.

B

Ben H

Ah, I've finally donated, missed(forgot) to do so the last 3 tuesdays.

Thanks so much @Solstice ! Brilliant stuff. You can actually donate any time up till the 29th November-the name of the campaign is just the day it started :)

@Solstice
Where does it say it can only be done on Tuesdays, I missed that.

I believe it can be done at any time up until the 29th November, but I'm sure @Ben Howell can confirm that for us.

Hi guys,

As @AndyPR has said, its any day up until the 29th November. The name is just the day it started :)

Thankyou so much for the support guys, I will be updating on progress but we have done INCREDIBLY so far-thanks to you guys!

B

Neunistiva

"OMF has given me hope I have not even dared to feel all these years being severely ill with ME/CFS. People involved have the unique blend of stunning expertise and personal investment in finding the cure. That way I know that every dollar I donate goes straight into solving ME/CFS in the best and quickest way possible. And their results so far have shown I've been right to trust them." Nuenistiva

I kind of feel famous now :cool: