Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

1 and 3 Methyl-l-histadine vs. l-histadine

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Peyt, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

Hi Folks.
    I am trying to make some sense out of my UAA test,
    Can anyone educate me on what are 1 and 3 Methyl-l-histadines? The reason I ask is my 1 and 3 Methyl-l-histadines were high ( 270 and 1070) while my regular histadine was on the low side (330)
    Any explanation would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    The amino acid interpretive guide published by Genova Diagnostics should be able to help you. It's easy to find with an internet search. I remember from my serum amino acid test that high 3-methylhistadine was related to muscle wasting (dissolving skeletal muscles to meet the body's protein needs). I was prescribed BCAAs (and a bunch of other things, based on a bunch of test results) that as I remember helped a lot with that. But of course, you need someone who can look at the whole picture because sometimes what is suggested as a supplement for one result is contraindicated by a different result.

Peyt likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.