• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Forgetting to breathe sensation loss in CFS?

Yeah it seems to be related to autonomic issues. I had POTS and other autonomic problems and got this breathing issue as well the last 2 years. Whatever brain dysfunction causes the autonomic issues seems to cause other strange issues with things that should be "automatic". I had issues with...
  2. D

Summary of Research

Thanks for the input guys. Never thought about how the biomarkers may change over time and such. Seems very complicated. I hope Steven Holgate gets his 5000 patient study funded and done soon. Wish we could help somehow.
  3. D

Forgetting to breathe sensation loss in CFS?

Hi. Was just wondering if anyone gets this symptom with CFS. It's common in all the subsets of POTS/OI I find. I will post a few excerpts from a POTS support group forum about it. If it rings a bell then I'd be interested in finding out how common it is in CFS and how frequently people get it...
  4. D

Summary of Research

Hmmm. I guess Daniel is right. Research was so fragmented into individual silos until recently. I hope someday soon some worthy ideas come about now that there is renewed interest (due to the XMRV I heard there is renewed interest). By the way I am partial to the autoimmunity theory, but if...
  5. D

Summary of Research

So do you think that no one has defined any subsets yet? Klimas in 2009 said she thinks it's 3 to seven different illnesses. http://phoenixrising.me/archives/61 Are you aware if these were ever defined in any way? Did she ever define them even roughly? What I'm looking for doesn't have to be a...
  6. D

Summary of Research

Hi guys, This is my first time posting but for a month now I've been reading a bit on CFS/ME and I think it's time I finally ask a question. Some researchers say that CFS/ME is "3" different illnesses (I think Klimas said this in 2009 with no elaboration I could immediately find). Others say...