• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

stomach parasites

alas... i have not had bananas in some time .... but i do have banana trees .... so i just have to wait :)
  2. J

stomach parasites

i dont know if your having an allergic reaction... i believe that the DE is actually fossilized and chemically different than the shells of regular diatoms... I feel like i did have the feever / flushing issues at first... especially when i would i sleep... it was like the second i went to sleep...
  3. J

stomach parasites

omg.... So... I was feeling sick this morning... I took a lot of wormwood yesterday ( i finished a second round of vermox two days ago) ... and woke up feeling sick to my stomach..... i thought maybe i had taken too much and was having a toxic reaction, but felt otherwise fine.... i suddenly...
  4. J

Speak to me, my Gastroparesis friends!!!

I have had a lot of morning sickness issues i have found out were related to parasites... might be worth looking into
  5. J

stomach parasites

its confusing, and definitely worth mentioning... when I ordered the annua i almost bought the wrong one ! so i think its goot to point it out
  6. J

stomach parasites

I'm using artemsia annu, which is actually not toxic. Artemisia annua, Also known as "chinese wormwood" or "sweet annie" doesn't have the chemicals that makes european wormwood, Artemisia absinthium - from which the famous drink is made.... but the annua sp. is considered much much safer...
  7. J

stomach parasites

There are tons of people thats used it... its FDA certified for mass consumption.... the particles just don't hurt humans.... the parts of my body that have been "cleared" so far... (my upper intestines) feel...light, healthy, cleansed.... i guess my bowels were somewhat inflammed from all the...
  8. J

NAC experience

it really seems to depend on what your using it for... if you just want it for antioxidant support you probably woulnd't need to go beyond the 600-1200 mg... for some reason i seem to remember there being a drop off with the effects at higher dosages ...... i take 1200 mg a day... but i had to...
  9. J

stomach parasites

I think its primarily a contact binding agent... at least the bentonite clay is... so i take my pills first thing in the morning... then wait, and eat some food, then i take my de after the food ... i figure that puts the food inbetween the two... if i have to take more pills, i try to eat a...
  10. J

NAC experience

i experienced die off when i first started taking it... it might be that.... also... it does act as a chelator for mercury, but since it crosses the blood brain barrier, some people sugest you take a non brain passing chelator for a while before taking NAC... supposedly it still passes the...
  11. J

You may wonder why the CAA treats XMRV the way they do... So:

Cort, You say that if there were other restroviruses associated with CFS we would know.... but my point is that some of these are new retroviruses.... and many of the one's we supposedly have already sutdied... across many disease spectrums.... are now being found to have strains and...
  12. J

We're not going to agree BLAH BLAH BLAH.... none of us are going to agree on this... no side is hearing what the other is really saying... its just gibberish and unfortunately we're only hurting each other at this point... i think we're all getting frustrated. consider the words of the very...
  13. J

failing to not find one retrovirus, does not remove the rest from the list. there are still other retroviruses, and with so many cohorts in the disease, its possible that different cohorts correspond to different retroviruses. CFS might simply be "Lymphotrophic Retroviral Syndrome" .... there...
  14. J

stomach parasites

About this size: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE6tlP4RV2U
  15. J

Artesunate - Cheney dosage and benefits

http://apps.who.int/prequal/info_applicants/Guidelines/Nonclinical_Overview_Artemisinin-Derivatives.pdf Toxicity information. Sections 4.1, 4.6 are particularly useful. Personally I am little bit skiddish of taking it for more than a few days... but it seems to kill most parasites...
  16. J

It seems clear to me that regardless of their stance now, if it hadn't been for the WPI, the CAA wouldn't be looking at retroviruses and it seems like there was at least enough evidence to warrant more investigations, angela, you are not reading my comments very carefully or you simply want to...
  17. J

stomach parasites

The impression that i get is that they all seem to have at least one stage in the gut, and the DE seems to take care of most of the problems this way.... people that use it seem to have few complaints having said that.... I think that there are some additional things that can be used to kill...
  18. J

L carnitine

Carnitine can do some amazing things... i like it best when it comes with the Alpha lipoic acid... which is also very good for CFS.... I know that interferon patients... which has been proposed as a model for CFS.... also have carnitine defficiencies and that they benefit from the same...
  19. J

stomach parasites

i think a lot of things are relics of anti-parasite strategies used in older times... lassi... is a probiotic drink that is (aside from being very tasty) also very good at improving stomach health.... its in just about every Indian restuarant
  20. J

artemisia annua

How toxic is this? Does anybody have any knowledge, ? I've been hunting through studies and it seems to suggest that its safe if used for just a few days very quickly..... anybody have any first hand experience?
  21. J

Being overweight predisposes you to getting diabetes... THAT is a fact. It is also a fact that if you do not control your diabetes and eat sweets it makes it worse. Why do you have a problem with me saying this? A lot of people get diabetes because they don't watch what they eat. They allow...
  22. J

Just to throw this out.... MS is increasingly linked to HERVs and Retroviruses as well..... its not completely unknown what causes this in MS...
  23. J

stomach parasites

well, the nice thing about DE is that just about anybody can use it, and the worms don't build up a resistance... so im definitely glad i found that as my first line of defense. I was reading about the pumpkin seeds the other day, and I think i might try the cloves. I want to add a couple things...
  24. J

The fact that so many viruses and pathogens are involved is why a retrovirus would make so much sense though... Pointing to the other viruses only makes the case for retroviruses even stronger IMO. CDC spokesperson ..... Dr. Phillip Lee in 1996 on whether he thought it was a retrovirus skip to...
  25. J

stomach parasites

the big ones look like this sorta... maybe a bit less dark... http://www.petclinicgulfcoast.com/sites/site-2646/images/da36c04b-7f00-0001-5da7-5a1da29ab2c6.jpg some of them are more shredded than others.... there are also some much smaller ones that look like: To be honest. The more I...
  26. J

Yes. My mother managed the Diabetes center here in central florida for a long time. I volunteered there a lot in high school. Most of the diabetes patients have diabetes because they ate too much sugar their entire life and won't exercise. There are some very unfortunate individuals who have...
  27. J

Can Rats Spread XMRV to Humans?

You migh find these interesting: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20106919 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20378372 As far as XMRV going directly from mice to humans or mice to cats.... XMRV itself seems to have human-ish dna in it, so i've heard people say several times that its a human...
  28. J

stomach parasites

some of them are too shredded from the DE to identify... others appear to be about the size of a pencil. I have no idea what species they even are. I do believe there were some flukes. has anybody ever used artemesia annua? sweet wormwood? i read the walter reed medical center has tested it for...