• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

Sulfur and Methylation

There is another spelling on the bottle that says Sufat, if that helps :-). I didn't know I had a problem with any of my greens, my doctor suspected it due to symptoms. So I wanted to confirm it before continuing the very restrictive diet. Now I know but a month of the diet hasn't changed my...
  2. K

Sulfur and Methylation

My bottle says Sulfate. These are the ones I have: http://www.ctlscientific.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=91329
  3. K

Metametix GI Test Results - SCFA??

Thank you both! The link above was very helpful! When I took the test, I had been eating a lot of protein, celery, cucumbers, salads and usually one serving of broccoli or asparagus for dinner. I have since then been following a low sulfur diet and reduced my protein, added seeds like chia and...
  4. K

Also curious what the Drug Resistance Gene - aacA, aphD means??
  5. K

Yes, I was eating a pretty low carb diet. Since then I have been on a the Low Sulfur diet, juicing twice a day, eating more squash, vegetables and limiting animal protein to 6 oz a day.This seems to to have fixed my issues with constipation. But the low SCFA's, is that all it is, low fiber...
  6. K

Sulfur and Methylation

Does anyone know accurate these strips are? How long do you have to be on a Low Sulfur diet to see improvement? I have been on this Low Sulfur diet for 3 weeks and haven't seen anything change in symptoms or my sticks, they are always 1200.
  7. K

Can anyone shed some light on my results?
  8. K

Sulfur and Methylation

Yep, I did that but when I try to compare the strip to the bottle, the top two oranges match the > 1600 but the bottom two match the >800, they don't match the full "strip". Does that make sense?
  9. K

Sulfur and Methylation

I received my Quantofix strips today. I am not sure how to read the results. Is anyone else using these? If anyone else is using these, here is my question. There are 4 blocks on the strip. But when I match the results up to the back of the bottle, the top two are lighter than the bottom two...
  10. K

Sulfur and Methylation

I did an epsom salt soak on my feet and seemed to have no ill effects. Thank you for the link to the test strips, I will give those a try. How accurate is the 23andme test? My doctor didn't recommend it because he says you can get false positives.
  11. K

Sulfur and Methylation

Thanks, I am working with a doctor. He suggested the molybdenum and the low sulfur diet. I am not sure if its the moybdenum but I am getting a tight feeling in my neck and chest after I take it. In addition, the diet is really restrictive and so I was exploring if there are other ways to support...
  12. K

Sulfur and Methylation

Are there other things you can do to speed up SUOX reaction addition to molybdenum? I have the hetero A1298C. We don't have tests on other mutations but from my symptoms my doctors says sulfur levels are probably high and COMT is not happy either. I know my Vit. C, B6 and Glutathione are low. My...
  13. K

Alcohol Tolerance Poll

I posted this before in another part of the forum. I see now it was better suited here. I am currently in the process of researching and testing what I have. In addition to my regular long list of symptoms, I have a strange symptom that pertains to alcohol that no one has ever heard of or...
  14. K

Revised Simplified Methylation Protocol (August 25, 2012 Revision)

With regards to testing - is it going to skew test result of the Methylation Pathways panel or the GI Effects Complete Profile if I have been taking Hydro b12? If so, how long should I stop before taking the tests? Would I be able to get enough information from the TRIAD test from Metametrix...
  15. K

My skin hurts if I consume alcohol

Now that I have read a little more, this is speaking to me. I know I have issued with histamines. I have suspected maybe I am histamine intolerant because I can often manage many of my symptoms by adhering to a strict low histamine diet. My triggers are typically food, though food allergy tests...
  16. K

Thank you! I appreciate your input. I will take a look and do some more research.
  17. K

Some of it does an some of it doesn't at all. I have taken many tests over the years, nothing is ever concluded from them because my blood labs are always perfect. Except this time I knew enough to see a trend in my RBC's to pick out a b deficiency. The the mast cell symptoms, I do not have any...
  18. K

I am currently in the process of researching and testing whether I have a breakdown in my methylation cycle. In addition to my regular long list of symptoms, I have a strange symptom that no one has ever heard of or experienced. In all my research I have never heard it mentioned except for in...