• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Journeyman

Stool Analysis - Recommendations?

Still nothing!? j/k. I look forward to hearing how you found it. Particularly in terms of the range and quantities of species reported and how it compares to uBiome Explorer..
  2. Journeyman

Did I create SIBO by taking too many Probiotics?!

This could be a fruitful thread for both of us as I too have been consuming these coconut kefir probiotics in large doses for just a few months now. (1)When you say you've never had traditional 'gut stuff' do you mean you've never had observable gut problems of your own? Or do you mean you've...
  3. Journeyman

Not yet but I'm glad someone reminded me. Really I'm just waiting to hear any feedback from anyone whose used Microba here in Australia such as @alicec . They do a thorough and well priced PCR based stool analysis on the face of it. Hopefully someone whose received their report can comment on...
  4. Journeyman

uBiome results

So did it arrive? I've just checked Microba's website now and see a kit referred to as 'Insight' for $349 which seems suprisingly good given that it was $419 last time I check a couple months back... The only drawback appears to be no reporting of viruses but at half the price of Ubiome's...
  5. Journeyman

uBiome results

You're not the first to find uBiome's customer support less than... supportive. I'm still waiting on a reply to a February email which I followed up a week following original submission. Did you get the Explorer Plus test? If so then that's a poor show as they do say the Explorer plus includes...
  6. Journeyman

uBiome results

How long did it take them to get the kit to you after ordering? Also a question for everyone: it appears you get the opportunity to submit 3? samples with the Explorer plus kit so that you can see the results of any microbiome interventions made after the first test over time. How expensive is...
  7. Journeyman

uBiome results

I too am interested to know whether the Explorer Plus has started shipping yet? Any experiences?
  8. Journeyman

Hi All, Here we are almost 3 months since my original post and at an important point where the Explorer Plus kits promised as 'shipping in spring of 2018) should be underway. I'd be interested to hear of anyones experiences re: the Explorer Plus kit ordering. Have they started shipping yet as...
  9. Journeyman

I took a more thorough look at their site as it looked more like a pipe dream the last time it was mentioned in this forum. It looks on the face of it, to be a great value option for ppl like us living in Australia and it seems they will provide a report with dietary advice... though I suspect...
  10. Journeyman

This looks great Jason, however on clicking the 'order test' it seems to have a tick marked against diagnostic solutions where other options are listed like Red Labs and Great Plains. So it looks to me like this is simply a UK company doing referrals for what is effectively the Diagnostic...
  11. Journeyman

Yeh thats what I did last time though I'm not sure whether it made it before the weekend...
  12. Journeyman

I was really keen to do the stool analysis but with it being 2 weeks now without a response from uBiome and what must be getting on to a week after sending an online enquiry to Dr MeirLeirs (again with no response or acknowledgement) I'm thinking a follow up OAT would be more useful..... On...
  13. Journeyman

All good now vaer. Turns out I just needed to load the page in a less secure browser (I have no script installed in my usual browser). I've sent them a msg asking for the price including postage to here in Australia as well as to confirm whether they test for anything like viruses or eukaryotes...
  14. Journeyman

Any ideas how long the Gut Explorer Plus is available for at that discounted price? I'm guessing it will be quite open ended but you never know.... I'm so torn between doing this or just getting a follow up OAT. PS I just saw someones post in another forum (not this site) from the end of Jan...
  15. Journeyman

@renski, I'm feeling torn between whether to do another OAT follow up or the stool test now. I think I'd be able to choose more confidently if you could clarify exactly why you think a stool analysis would be no use for me? Also you mention not doing more stool testing but this would actually be...
  16. Journeyman

Glad I called you in on this one @alicec A veritable treasure trove of information as always!. The American Gut option has really caught my interest and I've taken a look at their various options per here It seems too good to be true that for $99 (+ about $25 for postage from here in...
  17. Journeyman

Hi Bob, I have considered it as far back as a year ago, but it was quite expensive and I'd already started a SIBO antibiotic protocol so I didn't want to go wasting money to get a false negative result. The improvement in abdominal symptoms, energy and concentration were all sufficient to...
  18. Journeyman

Hi everyone, A year ago I did my first Organic Acids Test (OAT) via the highly recommended Great Plains Labs (GPL) site. I found it extremely useful as the included report showed a recurring theme of bacterial overgrowth, alongside higher than normal levels of commensal bacteria AND a high...
  19. Journeyman

B12 Supplements - Latest Developments and efficacy?

Hi @alicec Re: "I have never found any studies confirming such a mechanism." Is that in reference to the idea that whilst most B12 is absorbed in the Ileum with the assistance of intrinsic factor there is also a passive diffusion process that explains an absorption of about 1-2% of any given...
  20. Journeyman

Lol the lengths we go to in this quest for health. I wonder what my neighbours will think if I add snorting B12 to my protocol. They're already wondering what the hell's wrong with me every morning when I doll out my numerous vitamins. :) Ps - I just followed your signature block link re...
  21. Journeyman

It seems to me that Dr Russell-Jones transdermal B12 probably does give a strong and lasting b12 dosage (as supported by the experiences of many people in this forum) but in the interests of economy and this whole dalton absorption issue I'm going to try my first nasal b12 system. Especially...
  22. Journeyman

@alicec great to get your input on this topic. I think the importance of B12 for most visitors to this site can't be overstated and it looks like we're finally getting some discussion happening based on scientific literature which always helps. To clarify, is that a typo where you say "(I think...
  23. Journeyman

SIBO treatment phasing

@caledonia I definitely have poor phase II liver function as supported by my unfortunate collection of detox SNP's: CYP1A2, CYP2B1, CYP2D6. To counteract this I consumed a diet high in foods that promote Phase II enzymes (Primarily cruciferous vegetables) however upon learning of my SIBO I...
  24. Journeyman

Consider this before you go down the MTHFR self-treatment rabbit hole

Your post really sparked my interest as I too have been on the methylation protocol over an extended period of time (starting in March 2013), with one major break from August 2016 to December 2017, when I like you wondered if my anxiety was perhaps the result of excessive methylation. You...
  25. Journeyman

Hi Swatch, I think it was this article, though it does conclude that delivery of therapeutic amounts of b12 may be possible... I'm pretty sure that either deep within this article or in a related one I found something that suggested that even with optimal emulsifiers etc. the highest penetration...
  26. Journeyman

Yeh I believe here in Australia needle exchanges would be the most viable option but I know the types of people I'm likely to encounter upon visiting such a place and if its the case that intranasal, sublingual or transdermal b12 sources are just as good (even for deep neurological healing) then...
  27. Journeyman

Yeh I've actually just placed an order for my first folinic acid supplement (source naturals iirc) for the first time in 7 years noting Ben Lynch's video that explained the importance of folinic for the DNA integrity which methyl folate doesn't really address??
  28. Journeyman

Hi all, B12 supplementation seems to be such a grey area. Even when searching for journal literature to confirm the efficacy or otherwise of the latest B12 treatments such as nasal sprays or transdermal oils I'm finding inconclusive findings. I made a point of learning B12 some 2 years ago...
  29. Journeyman

SIBO treatment phasing

I'm glad I showed some restraint and avoided both the coffee enema and methylation supps yesterday. You confirmed what I suspected: ALA would chelate any toxic metals and having active NAC at the same time would then allow those displaced metals to potentially cross the blood brain barrier...