• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. I

Oxalate Dumping - a Probiotic Solution?

I've had some success helping my oxalate problem using vitamin K2 (MK4). But I had major side effects from taking K2. It caused major urinary frequency/urgency/kidney discomfort by making my urine very acidic. And it caused strong lower back pain. So I stopped taking K2 for months, but then...
  2. I

Help! Cobalt issue

I've been reading more about the whole lithium/B12 issue on Yasko's forums. Just to throw something else into the mix: according to Yasko, you want to make sure that lithium is in balance before adding b12 because b12 can deplete lithium. I think that's why Yasko recommends people not start...
  3. I

Am I taking too much MB12 & MFolate?

@Star-Anise I'm COMT-/- and have problems with hydroxyb12 also. What problems do you have with hydroxyb12?
  4. I

methylcobalamin vs hydroxocobalamin

I've been trying for a couple of years to figure out why I have a problem with hydroxyb12. Whenever I try hydroxyb12 (perque), I get inflammation in my sinuses. But I don't think it's from getting methylation going again because when I try methyl b12 (ET or Bluebonnet), I don't get this...
  5. I

Help! Cobalt issue

@Little Bluestem, I do think the B12 is going where it needs to go now for me. According to Yasko you need to do hair analyses to see if lithium is balanced. It's possible you need more lithium or for a longer period of time until it's balanced. Before I was taking lithium, my hair lithium...
  6. I

Help! Cobalt issue

@Little Bluestem I don't think so. My hair cobalt was very high, at a time when I was taking only 500 mcg methyl b12. On my most recent test, after taking lithium for about 6 months, my hair cobalt is way down, even though I had been taking 2000 mcg methyl b12 + 2000 mcg adb12 for the few...
  7. I

Help! Cobalt issue

Lithium is needed for B12 transport. Amy Yasko recommends taking lithium when cobalt is high on a hair test. And she recommends cutting back on b12 until lithium comes into balance on a hair test.
  8. I

Homozygous VDR Taq, MAO-A R297R, & MTRR A664A

@acrosstheveil Does your potassium supplement have citric acid in it? A number of people, including me, get candida symptoms when taking supplements with citric acid.
  9. I

jarrow- did it change???

Update to Enzymatic Therapy B12 infusion. My daughter recently ordered these and hers had the normal pink color. So maybe mine were overheated during shippng (doubtful since it was march), or maybe it was a temporary manufacturing glitch, or some other thing. At any rate, I'm trying other...
  10. I

jarrow- did it change???

Hi everyone. I'm a new member but I've been reading the posts for over a year. I've been having the same problems reported here but with the Enzymatic Therapy B12 Infusion. I had been taking them since last July. Then I bought a few bottles from VitaCost back in March. I noticed a color...