• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. awl29

Methylation issues / COMT Met/Met and poor acetylator

Just noticed that I forgot to add that DMPS is available in Germany, but only as a prescription drug. Also, from what I read about the Cutler protocol, DMPS might be more difficult to tolerate for people with chronic infections like myself than DMSA. Yes, the seemingly inevitable yeast also...
  2. awl29

Hi Triff, hi Vegas, sorry for my much delayed response - I fell really ill with antibiotics-induced diarrhea during the last two weeks, but as I am now treated with tinidazole (it is still neither proven nor disproven that Clostridium difficile is involved, but other Clostridia spp. definitely...
  3. awl29

Hi Triff, many thanks for your reply! :) The bad thing is that it seems to have not only destroyed methylation (if at all the cycle was running...), but also it and primarily the Glutathione seem to have relocated critical amounts of mercury which seemingly used to be stored "safely"...
  4. awl29

All, can anybody give an estimate on how long it will take for my body to slow down the methylation process that have been started much too violently exactly two weeks ago (see my initial post in this thread) to its previous (broken) level for me to become stable again? I have completely...
  5. awl29

Let me add one more question, please: As I still seem to react badly to sulfa supplements, would you still recommend to try an epsom salt bath at this time? I tend to think I should be rather cautious - especially after having read this page...
  6. awl29

Hi Vegas, I don't think that I have any issues with neither thiol foods nor supplements. I perfectly tolerate Chlorella, acetylcysteine, garlic/allicin, dairy products, asparagus (living in a region which is famous for its asparagus!), cauliflower, sauerkraut and basically anything on these...
  7. awl29

Wired!

Sorry, arx, I cannot comment on Clonazepam specifically. I have tried myself Lorazepam ("Ativan" in the US, AFAIK) some years ago when I had the first flare of psychiatric anxiety and agitation symptoms from my Lyme/Bartonella infection (while I did not yet know what I was suffering from)...
  8. awl29

Hi Vegas, regarding Levaquin, I currently don't have any other choice than to continue taking it. :(:(:( I know that this is like driving a car, trying to put the gas pedal to the metal (trying to improve methylation, recover from CFS/mitochondriopathy, detox and improve metabolism) while...
  9. awl29

Wired!

Hi arx, while there definitely is the danger of becoming addicted to them, the benzodiazepines (Lexotanile and others) for me do indeed help big time against anxiety, agitation, irritablity, and insomnia (but I think you will need a prescription in most countries). For myself, I have decided...
  10. awl29

Thanks Vegas, I didn't know that epsom salt is magnesium sulfate... Will most likely use this, as I am already doing basic baths, but was using baking soda so far. Also, additional magnesium is always good to counter the bad side effects of Levaquin on the tendons... Today was slightly more...
  11. awl29

Hi Vegas, good news! :D Indeed, I caught some desperately needed 7.5 hours of sleep last night and only woke up once with a slightly increased BP/heart rate, but no heart issues/palpitations and no more feelings of anxiety more intense than before this episode started. So it indeed looks...
  12. awl29

One more addition - I am also very grateful for your advice about thiols: :thumbsup: The need to avoid thiols due to my phase 2 detox issues perfectly explains why I was completely unable to tolerate Bactrim (which I found out to be a thiol drug only now!) against my Bartonella infection...
  13. awl29

Hi Vegas, many thanks one more time for your help! :) I still am not completely convinced that all of this reaction can be blamed only on mercury/amalgame... I rather tend to think it might be a combination of Hg (or maybe even Bartonella) toxins and potassium deficiency when my...
  14. awl29

Hi Vegas, many thanks for your reply! :) No immediate danger as long as my intellect can still control my brain and there is some hope left to be able to sort out this puzzle... I will definitely stop any i.v. substances, i.e. B12 as well as Glutathione and acetylcysteine until this...
  15. awl29

Thanks very much, place! :) Note that potassium citrate (2 x 400mg per day) has already been part of my oral "vitamins, minerals etc." - but maybe that's too few for a 110kg/240lbs person. On the other hand, serum potassium values have always been within normal range so far (two weeks ago...
  16. awl29

Hi all, (Sorry for the lengthy first post - I will try to make it shorter in the future... ;)) I am new to this fantastic forum :thumbsup: and would like to introduce myself and the issues I am currently facing: I am living in Germany (Europe's #1 Lyme country... :() and suffering from...