• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Vitamin B6 Safe Dosage

@cph13 Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope it goes well for you :) Tingling and warmth were the signs I was getting too. I'll reduce my dosage. I also think I should get my serum levels of b6 tested soon.
  2. A

Vitamin B6 Safe Dosage

@Jarod and @Gondwanaland How much magnesium (elemental) do you guys take?
  3. A

Vitamin B6 Safe Dosage

I started taking 40 mg/day of Pyridoxine three days ago. Event though my energy levels have been better after taking it, I did notice some tingling/paresthesia in my hands and legs. I thought I might be taking too much and these must be symptoms of high B6. Any of you faced...
  4. A

Vitamin B6 Safe Dosage

I just read that more than 100 mg of Pyridoxine (B6) per day could be dangerous. I also remember reading about some users facing issues with 40 mg per day - that seemed to have causing toxicity symptoms. Personally, B6 suits me better than P5P. In your experience, how much do you consider a...
  5. A

Vitamin D supplementation causes worsening of symptoms?

I've read about the u-shaped response with Vitamin D. Too little and too much, both are bad. Were you better off when your levels were around 105 or something?
  6. A

Chris Kresser podcast on methylation

You gotta view it in iTunes and click on the 'Free' button under the Price column. If you just want the mp3 not via iTunes, you can download the podcast straight from his website: http://chriskresser.com/category/podcasts Click on the second one and you'll get here...
  7. A

Vitamin D supplementation causes worsening of symptoms?

@Sporty Which form of and how much magnesium do you take? Magnesium is very important for vitamin d3, it seems. I feel worse when taking high doses (>10k) of vitamin d3 but magnesium and k2 make it better. It does activate the immune system and d3's anti-inflammatory effect is very much...
  8. A

B12 causing numbness?

I could never find any difference between taking folic acid or methylfolate, so I don't pay much attention to folate. Don't know if I'm wrong or right. Oral is swallowed, yes. Just like any other tablet, goes through the stomach. I've not explored folate properly. Why should I stay away from...
  9. A

B12 causing numbness?

This brings me to another thought: Can the need for potassium ever stop with b12? It is quite annoying, and for a person who wants to function it just creates more barriers to get through the day. I thought oral mb12 would be fine, but it wasn't.
  10. A

B12 causing numbness?

Yes. I supplement potassium. I failed to mention that I took oral b12 this time, not sublingual. It was surprising to see startup reactions from oral B12. I do not take methylfolate. I don't want to go aggressive now, but just maintain some amount of B12 in my body. Apparently going to the...
  11. A

B12 causing numbness?

Hi, I didn't have numbness in my hands and feet before, but after taking B12 and other b-complex vitamins I am starting to experience it a lot. It's very annoying. Any insights if this is a normal start-up reaction or indicates lack of co-factors or induced deficiencies (like electrolytes)? I...
  12. A

Relationship btw B2 & B12 - Folate/Riboflavin

@Tiger Lily 813 Same here. B2 makes me really tired -- I always end up sleeping after taking it.
  13. A

B12 - Different brands and reactions to them

Nope. Haven't tried their 5 mg. I did try ET - didn't like it. The Solgar is also now making me sleepy. I guess this is because of the melatonin. I'll shift my dose to night and see what happens.
  14. A

b12 doesn't work anymore, need help

Maybe you don't need all of that any longer. Our bodies change through time, you probably need to establish the balance of supplements again. I also take Solgar methyl-b12, and a b-complex. Don't feel the need for potassium as I did before. I just try to take some through diet and supplement...
  15. A

High Dose B12 - Prostate Cancer Risk?

Comments? -------- There appears to be a link between megadoses of vitamin B12 and certain cancers. One study showed that excess vitamin B12 intake was associated with a three-fold increase in risk of developing prostate cancer. http://psa-rising.com/eatingwell/vb12_folate04.html Folate and...
  16. A

Yeah. Pretty much. The effect was visible in minutes after taking the B12. I thought about it after taking them many times and experienced the same effect. Jarrow 1mg - pretty much no effect NOW 1mg - sleepiness / zoned-out Solgar 5mg - energy, possible clarity My doubt is - if different B12s...
  17. A

B12 making me sleeeepy - serotonin?

If you're certain that B12 is causing the sleepiness, shift your timings and take it at night? From what I have read and experienced, it does seem like a melatonin issue. Some also say that sleep is a good sign, particularly if the body is stressed, and that it promotes healing. I don't know...
  18. A

I've been wondering this for quite a while. After trying out many sublingual methyl-b12 brands and getting different effects from them, such as: energy, sleepiness, intensified symptoms, no effect, and so on. I want to ask if the body needs methyl-b12, and of course I'll take the one that gives...
  19. A

Magnesium for Energy and Sleep

Hi, After reading a lot of articles about magnesium, and how it should help with chronic fatigue and sleep, I want to know if any of you have had good experiences with magnesium. Please also mention the symptoms, and the magnesium dosage (with which form of mg). Thanks!
  20. A

Low Potassium For How Long After Stopping B12?

Also, Suggestions for magnesium supplements please? Which form is the best?
  21. A

sending samples outside india

I sent a hair sample. Through Richfeel -- they send it to US and get it done. They have a lot of centres in India. Check them out: http://richfeel.com/hair-analysis-test
  22. A

@Martial You say "Unless it brought your levels severly low and your liver needs to store more which can take some time." You mean the deficiency brought the levels severely low, and after supplementation and subsequently stopping supplementation of B12 and other B-vitamins, the body could...
  23. A

I also thought the need for more would end after stopping B12, or a week after that... apparently not. @girlfromeurope Yep. Magnesium does help :)
  24. A

Hi, After more than a week of stopping mb12, adb12 and other b-vitamins, I'm still feeling the need to supplement potassium daily. Does this last for quite a while?
  25. A

B12 and sleepiness? To take it at night?

Hi @PeterPositive, I take both, mb12 and adb12 -- Solgar and Country Life, respectively. That's pretty good. I wish it could substitute my coffee :)
  26. A

Hi @Star-Anise, Yes. It might be the dosage issue. I feel sleepy in more than 1000 mg, more than 5000 mg and I cannot function that day. Which brand do you take? I've switched to Solgar now, after experimenting with NOW, Jarrow, and Enzymatic Therapy. Hmm. It could be. Unfortunately I haven't...
  27. A

Lol. Well. I found that I needed more potassium and magnesium too, as those were also contributing to daytime sleepiness induced by mb12. Muscle weakness and sound sensitivity are symptoms that signal K/Mg deficits in my case. Since both of us have googled this many times, maybe the only...
  28. A

Hi, Do you take B12 at night or in the day, or maybe divided doses? For the sleepiness I experience with B12, I thought of the following factors, and want to know if you've "fixed" the sleepiness issue if you've faced it, or changed your B12 timings? 1. Melatonin production 2. Low potassium...
  29. A

Iron + Folic Acid = Low Potassium?

Thanks @Freddd! As always, your experience and knowledge is extremely useful :)
  30. A

Iron + Folic Acid = Low Potassium?

Hi Freddd, Nope. I don't have kidney damage or high potassium (the last time I got checked). Hmm. Yes. You're right. No, I am not taking any diuretics or any drugs. Logically there is no route in my mind which I can tell you. Everything I read about potassium comes with a disclaimer to be...