• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

A new do-it-yourself, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, MITOQ trial

Sorry. I read the announcement on Cort's site here (it comes after the article). www.cortjohnson.org/blog/2015/10/17/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-fibromyalgia-and-mitchondrial-disorders-a-comparison-plus-the-mitoq-trial-begins/ And the study page is here: www.mendus.org/mitoq-study-home.html
  2. J

A new do-it-yourself, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, MITOQ trial

Inline with suggestions made following the announcement of their Q10 study (several threads down) Mendus has announced a study looking at the effect of MitoQ on symptoms of ME/CFS and FM. The study is a collaboration between MitoQ Inc, Health Rising and Mendus. A hundred people were offered a...
  3. J

Who Would Like to Participate in a Simple Study to Measure Blood Lactate Levels?

Indeed I think Joshua would be interested in trying to set up such a study. You should certainly approach him about it.
  4. J

What has helped against your trigeminal neuralgia?

B12. My daughter had this type of pain for 3 years. She has pernicious anaemia and was on standard maintenance dosage of monthly injections of cyanocobalamin. Eventually her doctor agreed to increasing injections and showed her how to self inject. Three months of twice weekly injections got...
  5. J

Can a B12 Deficiency Cause Vitreous Eye Floaters?

I think you are rather rude, Darius. I am not spreading a myth. I don't consider a 10 year study to just be a correlation of B12/Folate Deficiency and AMD. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition Bamini Gopinath, Victoria M Flood, Elena Rochtchina, Jie Jin Wang, and Paul Mitchell...
  6. J

could someone check my blood tests please

B12 needs to be above 500, at least. Ferritin isn't too bad but ideally should be between 60 and 80. TSH is on the high side, FT4 is on the low end and as others have said, you should have had Free T3 tested. This would give a better indication if you are developing thyroid problems.
  7. J

Can a B12 Deficiency Cause Vitreous Eye Floaters?

B12 Deficiency can cause optic neuritis and optic neuropathy and lead to early macular degeneration, As a former moderator on the PAS forum, I noted many members who complained of floaters in the eyes. Once these members began self treatment, the eye floaters disappeared. I do believe that...