• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Burning foot

I took some b12 this weekend after not taking any for about a year and my right foot has been burning ever since. Do you think it's related? What should I do about it?
  2. A

Kirkman Labs, Methylcobalamin Concentrated Powder

I also would like to find a product that was purely methylcobalamin with nothing else added. The Jarrow Formulas mb12 have already caused the enamel to come off my teeth and my gums to recede. I have read that studies have shown than sublingual is no more effective than swallowing the tablet.
  3. A

Kirkman Labs, Methylcobalamin Concentrated Powder

I just saw this new product on iherb. It's methylcobalamin that comes in a powder. Has anyone tried it? http://www.iherb.com/Kirkman-Labs-Methylcobalamin-Concentrated-Powder-2-oz-57-g/58322 It doesn't seem to have any reviews yet.
  4. A

Help with protocol

Thank you. I will make sure to take methylfolate and methylb12. I don't think it's a particular supplement that irritates my stomach. I think it's taking so many of them per day. Even when I split them up to take with meals, I can still be taking 6 different pills at a time and it makes me sick...
  5. A

Help with protocol

I have trouble with Fred's protocol because there are too many supplements to take. When I do take them they make my gastritis flare up. I was wondering if anyone would be able to look at my 23andme data, which I have ran through Sterlings App and tell me which supplements I would benefit most...
  6. A

23andme results

Is there anything I can do or anything I can take that would help with this?
  7. A

23andme results

I went to the genetic genie website and connected to the 23andme website and then they give you this information.
  8. A

23andme results

Thank you both for your input. This is all so confusing so I really appreciate your help. The SHMT is- SHMT1 C1420T rs1979277 AG +/-
  9. A

23andme results

I was hoping someone would be so kind as to help me interpret these results? Gene & Variation rsID Alleles Result COMT V158M rs4680 GG -/- COMT H62H rs4633 CC -/- COMT P199P rs769224 GG -/- VDR Bsm rs1544410 CT +/- VDR Taq rs731236 AG +/- MAO-A R297R rs6323 GT +/- ACAT1-02 rs3741049 GG -/-...
  10. A

Burning muscles

Thank you for the suggestions. I have some d-ribose here so I will try it. I have also read that calcium and magnesium may help.
  11. A

Burning muscles

I was wondering if anyone could suggest something that might help with this. I mostly notice it in my legs. They burn even when I'm resting but walking up stairs makes it even worse. It's like lactic acid build up and it's really getting me down. It's been going on for months and it's constant.
  12. A

Multi Vitamin

I am having a really hard time stomaching all my pills. I am following Fred's protocol and I'm supposed to take about 20 pills a day. I was wondering if there was a multi I could take that would cut down on the amount of pills I am taking?
  13. A

What pills/supplements do you take everyday?

I thought it might be interesting to have a thread where everyone lists everything that they take to help with their symptoms. I have had to stop taking my pills for now because my stomach just can't handle them but before that I was taking- 1 x l-carintine fumerate 1 x Same 1 x TMG 2 x...
  14. A

blood tests

I finally got my letter of referral in from the hospital today and it is for the infectious disease department!! I'm really struggling to understand why my GP would refer me there. I'll probably try to make an appointment to speak to her about it but considering my symptoms does anyone have any...
  15. A

blood tests

Thanks Bluebell. I will add this to the list of things to mention to my doctor when I get my referral.
  16. A

Heavy metal test kit

I decided to do a heavy metal test kit to see if I could find any answers for the symptoms I have been having. Anyway the results are in- http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac207/kimy27/photo.jpg I was wondering if anyone could give me their opinion on what/if this means anything. The...
  17. A

blood tests

I've actually had to cut down on my supps because they were making me feel really sick! I've went from- 1 x l-carintine fumerate 1 x Same 1 x TMG 2 x metafolin 1 x B-complex 3 x omega 3 3 x vitamin c 2 x Zinc 1 x Calcium/Magnesium 1 x vitamin A 1 x vitamin D 1 x vitamin E 1 x alpha lipotic...
  18. A

blood tests

This is what is so frustrating! Shouldn't my doctor know that? Thanks for all the advice. I'm sure my hospital appointment won't be for a while so I will have plenty of time to do some research. I would find all this a lot less overwhelming if it wasn't for the brain fog!
  19. A

blood tests

I haven't considered it but I will have a look into it. I wear glasses so I have an eye test every 1-2 years. My thyroid test was normal and my cortisol level was also within range. Thanks very much to everyone for taking the time to make suggestions. It is very much appreciated.
  20. A

blood tests

My doctor has decided to refer me to the hospital to get more tests. I don't know what department she is referring me to but she said it is to see if they can think of anything she hasn't. After reading this forum I can see that there is a lot more tests that could have been done. It's...
  21. A

blood tests

Thanks for the suggestions. I will have a look. I wonder if it would be a good idea to get a 23 and me test done?
  22. A

blood tests

I have been on Fred's protocol for a while now but I am still getting symptoms. I am starting to think that they may not be related to b12 after all. My symptoms include- severe brain fog headaches muscle burning (especially in legs) dizzy turns feeling off balance generel tiredness I have...
  23. A

Brain Fog

Thank you Star for all your suggestions. I will definitely look into doing the cleanse. At this point I'll try anything to get rid of this brain fog. It is so debilitating and doctors are useless.
  24. A

Brain Fog

Other than brain fog my symptoms include headaches, general muscle tiredness/weaknes, ibs, interstitial cystitis, pain/tremor in both hands and ulcer like symptoms in my stomach for which I sometimes take omeprazole. Thank you for the acetyl-l-carnitine suggestion. I will also look into this.
  25. A

Brain Fog

Thank you for the suggestion. I will look into it.
  26. A

Brain Fog

I have been on Fred's protocol for a while now. I am taking- 1 x l-carintine fumerate 1 x Same 1 x TMG 2 x metafolin 1 x B-complex 3 x omega 3 3 x vitamin c 2 x Zinc 1 x Calcium/Magnesium 1 x vitamin A 1 x vitamin D 1 x vitamin E 1 x alpha lipotic acid 1 x anabol naturals dibencoplex 1 x...
  27. A

Swanson Ultra Methylcobalamin Vitamin B12

It is a low level! When I first found this site I thought all my problems were solved. However, I've been on Fred's protocol for over a year now and I still get terrible brain fog and tiredness. Thanks for the link to your thread. I will check it out.
  28. A

Supplements making me sick to my stomach

Thanks for the suggestions guys. If nothing else I'm going to get fat with all this extra food I'm having eat in order to stomach all these tablets :)
  29. A

Swanson Ultra Methylcobalamin Vitamin B12

I have to rely on other people to tell me which brand is the best as I am not in any way sensitive to b12. Which is weird because when I was first tested by my doctor my b12 was very low at 52.
  30. A

Supplements making me sick to my stomach

Hi. So, like most of you I'm taking a LOT of supplements. The problem is that they are making me feel really nauseous all the time. I take- 1 x l-carintine fumerate 1 x Same 1 x TMG 2 x metafolin 1 x B-complex 3 x omega 3 3 x vitamin c 2 x Zinc 1 x Calcium/Magnesium 1 x vitamin A 1 x vitamin...