• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Rethinking Probiotics.

Anyone used this probiotic - if so - how did you find it
  2. J

Rethinking Probiotics.

I did try Alflorex Infantis which I think helped but I decided to try the Seeking Health ProBiota for people who have histamine issues - 4 strains of the bif probiotic, no acidophillis but it does have inulin as a prebiotic, leucine and some polysaccharides - not sure if this is going to create...
  3. J

Rethinking Probiotics.

That seems to be me at the moment even old faithful the one I go back to is giving me headaches - tried custom pro infant powder that is giving me headaches and a bit of a racey heart - and stomach pains. How has manuka helped you - helped with bloating etc. and how do you take it and when...
  4. J

Rethinking Probiotics.

Do you think this is a good one to take - is there anything in this that isn't good for histamine etc. Can someone please help me with getting rid of the bloat I am desperate and struggling now to find probiotics that help. The one I am taking at the moment has acidophillis and bif bifidum in...
  5. J

Rethinking Probiotics.

Which one did you recommend - must have missed it as just found this post yesterday - I eat clean - veg, chicken, turkey, salmon avoid as much as I can the following - no sugar, no yeast, no dairy, no wheat, no gluten - as much as I can unless it is hidden. After last week I'm pretty scared of...
  6. J

Rethinking Probiotics.

It's a nightmare what is MCAS - what happens if they lower histamine level too much I that dangerous. The D lactate free one is that the baby powder - I have that but didn't think it did much - what has the D lactate free one helped you with - bloating is my worst problem the Biokult last week...
  7. J

Rethinking Probiotics.

I have been pretty ill with trying probiotics that have raised histamine and the bloating last week really scared me I wonder sometimes does any probiotic do you good when sometimes you feel worse when you take the - I am at the point where I may just quit. I have Gut Pro Supplement in the...
  8. J

Rethinking Probiotics.

Which is the bet one for getting rid of bloat
  9. J

Rethinking Probiotics.

What about GutPro Probiotic it has:- Bif Infantis Lactobacilus Plantaurum Bif Bifidum Bif Longum Lactobacillus Gasseri Lactobacillus Salivarius
  10. J

Rethinking Probiotics.

What about GutPro Probiotic it has:- Bif Infantis Lactobacilus Plantaurum Bif Bifidum Bif Longum Lactobacillus Gasseri Lactobacillus Salivarius Bif Breve Bif Lactis and L.Leucine Is this safe - I ask because I have had a really scary week where I was taking Biokult and I do have histamine...
  11. J

Adverse effects on probiotics

I've just ordered one and made the mistake of not seeing it had Vit D3 added as an extra could kick myself - do you think I would get any similar reactns to the previous one - what will Vit D3 do in a probiotic in terms of benefits, what will it do for me - so annoyed with myself though as I...
  12. J

I think it was a reaction to either potato starch or absorbic acid but not sure which would do that. What is a proper herx reaction like
  13. J

Thanks Bob I tend to use them for bloating - some help better than others but also I do tend to feel better on them - apart from this Optibac one - I'll wait till things settle down and give them a try - for now the Pro-5 looks a good one because it is a fairly low dose, no added fillers and...
  14. J

Thanks for that Bob - wonder if that was why I had problems with Biokult - the only other thing with this probiotic was it did contain a little dairy and it said a little soy - maybe it was that but my face always looked puffed out like a hamsters cheeks. What about the other probiotic...
  15. J

Nutritional Information this is Optibac every day Filler: potato starch; Live cultures: (Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11, Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52, Bifidobacterium longum Rosell-175, Lactococcus lactis Rosell-1058, Bifidobacterium breve Rosell-70, Bifidobacterium bifidum Rosell-71)...
  16. J

I don't think I have to much overgrowth if I'm honest now because I've taken probiotics for a while now and also because of my diet - eat clean as much as possible and I do avoid normally stuff with sucrose, maltodextrin, saccharin etc. etc. added in - this was a first for me. I take probiotics...
  17. J

Well never had this reaction with a probiotic that didn't have added fillers like PS and AA. This is the first time I have used a one with these in as I was assured it was a minimal amount and wouldn't effect me - however something has and I am convinced it's the potato starch and absorbic...
  18. J

Thanks for that Bob - I'm with you on this when you say Herx reactions and coming through them - I've never yet been able to ride the storm out on one and quit whatever was causing it -not sure what it is that's doing it - potato starch or absorbic acid but I've felt rotten all day - I won't...
  19. J

I look forward to any help I can get on this as the way I feel it's not pleasant
  20. J

Wonder if you can help me - I've been taking Optibac Every Day that has absorbic acid in as a filler along with potato starch but I am feeling really weird - on edge, a bit wired, racy heart, headachey - is this the potato start of absorbic acid - I normally take probiotics without any of these...
  21. J

Alternative Remedy - Try Kefir

Kefir is very good for detoxing the system. I'm going to give it a go and I found a really good company who is currently offering a 15% discount if you quote "kefircompany6839" to their email address info@buy-kefir.co.uk their website is www.buy-kefir.co.uk If anyone has tried it before or...
  22. J

Liquid Betaine Hydrochloride

I know if I eat nuts, seeds, yoghurts - to name but a few things, I can have a tiny amount before I get face bloating and puffiness yet tests showed I was neither allergic or sensitive to all of the above and was just told to not eat them every day - sort of a build up in my system. I've been...
  23. J

There is a lot of good information and what I liked was information that I'd not found on other sites especially with regards to the section on IBS, candida etc. and I like to hear reviews comments from real people - sometimes I'm sure some of the testimonials for products are made up. Trouble...
  24. J

I'd done a search for betaine HCI and it led me to this site - I found very little relating to customer reviews to see how they found it but there was some good info on here plus there was info on IBS and candida - I suffer from constipation which has been a huge problem for me but I'm getting there
  25. J

Oh no don't get me wrong I hope you didn't think I was being rude - sometimes they say it doesn't contain gluten and other times it does - I just eat it because it doesn't make me as bloated as bread - and I try to go wheat free so Ryvita was the best choice for me - gluten free bread I'm not...
  26. J

Well it seems to be easier and better than bread and I have it because it avoids yeast.
  27. J

I know - it's the hidden things in food that's the problem. I did do the anti candida diet and was really strict with it then after tests was told it was gone but I have twice been checked for other things and lemons, cane and beet sugar came out as being sensitive. So you can see how there...
  28. J

I do avoid it as much as I can - never had bread for nearly two years and eat Ryvita - I agree I think it's something either food related, possibly candida although I've been cleared for this, parasites or something along those lines. Thing is you see I feel fine otherwise - good energy levels...
  29. J

So is HCL and betaine two different things? Think I'm showing my ignorance on this. I can take apple cider vinegar and not get the burn in the tummy so would that be a sign of low stomach acid? I'll have to do the baking powder test but need to buy some.
  30. J

Just out of curiosity for those who have taken the betaine - how good has it been in reducing bloating - 50% better, 100% better - good /bad - I've not been able to find out any customer testimonials regarding anyone taking it apart from probably on this website. I get very nervous about taking...