• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Does EDTA chelate b12?

I am about to undergo an oral EDTA chelation program to get rid of excess lead that has been discovered after numerous tests. Whilst doing some research, there seems to be a lot of conflicting information on whether EDTA actually chelates b12 or in somes studies it shows that it enhances the...
  2. B

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I recently discovered a new probiotic called L. reuteri and after some initial research it seems that it is the only probiotic that seem to be able to produce both folate and cobalamin. I have started taking it a low dose, as I have a couple of stomach isues that I am dealing with. I was...
  3. B

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Can someone please help me as I seem to have unknowingly raised my glutathione levels by taking dhea 10mg for 3 days. Whilst my brain fog and all of my mcs symptoms seems to have disappeared, I am once again getting horrible b12 deficiency symptoms. Only recently have I discovered that dhea...
  4. B

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I was wondering whether someone can please help me because I am in a real catch 22. Like Fredd I had a serious b12 deficiency issue and at one point had foot drop and some other rather nasty neurological issues. Whilst at first I recovered by about 90% with b12 shots (hydro), I slowly started...
  5. B

Chelation before methylation protocol?

I recently stumbled upon this article: Neurodevelopmental Toxins Deplete Glutathione and Inhibit Folate and Vitamin B12-Dependent Methionine Synthase Activity: A Link between Oxidative Stress and Autism. (http://www.fasebj.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/22/1_MeetingAbstracts/894.1) I...
  6. B

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I currently live in the UK and as I am sure others on this forum are finding it a bit of a struggle to get methylcobalamin injections in the UK. At the moment the ones I get are through a very helpful GP, which he orders directly from the US, but I personally do not think the quality is great. I...
  7. B

b12 deficiency, dysautonomia and cfs problems with cadmium detox.

Thanks Rich for getting back to me so quickly. I have done a similar methylation panel by metametrix and they found no deficiencies, as I have been supplementing with alot of the vitamins you mentioned for some time now. My problem is that every time I try and increase my glutathione, my b12...
  8. B

b12 deficiency, dysautonomia and cfs problems with cadmium detox.

I was diagnosed with b12 deficiency of unknown origin and autoimmune thyroiditiis last year and since then my health has rapidly deteriorated; I was given daily b12 shots for a week, and then every two weeks etc... I am still left with various symptoms such as brain fog, inability to sweat...