• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Unrest screening in the UK

Its available for pre-order on itunes. I think its released on october 31st
  2. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

I really enjoyed it :thumbsup: was great to be in a cinema with a load of ME folk watching something about us. It nearly killed me but I'm pleased i got there was worth the wait.
  3. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

10 Celebrities with ME/CFS - by Erica Verrillo

I must be getting old or been dropped off the planet for too long as i've only heard of two of them :rofl:
  4. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

reality television show 24 CFS/ME patients move out to desert

I love the whole idea of this in theory. I've always thought an ME community would be great. I also love the heat. Not so much a fan of being filmed o_O though i can appreciate the idea behind it.
  5. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Loss of Motivation

There's nothing worse thsn losing the urge to do things you usually enjoy. I hate it! I'd rather have the urge and not be able to fulfill it than not have it at all. I think of it as an activity version of writers block; these episodes also co-incide with a complete halt of ideas (for...
  6. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

What causes lack of emotion?

This is one of the strangest aspects of this illness for me. Mine is only very temporary and is caused by complete exhaustion. When my brain is in vegetable mode especially, there is nothing, just nothing. I know the emotions are probably in there somewhere. They just can't be accessed. I'm in...
  7. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Nice one! :thumbsup: Just heard that tyneside are hoping to move it into a larger room so the tickets might open again for the 25th Edit: PS. I used to be a member of ME north east, but after moving house (5 miles away) i joined a different one slightly closer to me.
  8. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Oooo just spoke to cinema, the following day (the bring a baby showing) is completely empty (but we still aren't allowed to go! :mad:) She said the main one sold out almost instantly with it being a special event/premier/Q&A but because its so popular they will be screening it again during the...
  9. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Our ME group isn't getting to see Unrest at the cinema anymore. We've been waiting to buy tickets for the last few weeks, and the website just said TBC. We've since found out that its sold out! So we can't go. Apparently people rang in and bought the tickets even though it said they weren't...
  10. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Farewell, until we meet again

Goodbye trish, i don't use facebook so its another person lost to me. Hoping we meet again in a new PR home x
  11. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Unrest for preorder on iTunes

Yeah thats why we're all going to the cinema to watch it. It'll cost roughly £3.50 a head by using the disabled passes amongst us and we don't need to pay for the screening.
  12. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Its starting to sound like a bottomless money pit o_O They were gonna charge my local ME group £200 to watch it so we're all going to the cinema instead :)
  13. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Did you have a vaccination not long before developing ME/CFS?

Tetanus booster for me too. Though i also had an ongoing virus for 6 months prior to that, it was the tetanus booster, that completely shut down my body and brain (within weeks) leaving me a living corpse for a few years
  14. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Just received an email update about Unrest. These are the cinemas so far.
  15. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Or Newcastle at the cinema with a 2 for 1 disabled pass :)
  16. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Hot springs - have you thought about it?

I'm okay with heat some of the time. I like hot baths to boil the pain as long as it isn't for too long. I've been in natural hot springs in Iceland, New Zealand and Peru, they were lovely and warm but no health benefits for me :(
  17. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Water fasting - Can I take my meds?

I love fasting. It might/or might not be dangerous, but so is merely being alive to people like us. I don't stop taking my liquid vitamin and mineral supplements during, and still take my usual anti-oxidants too, but on a smaller scale. Having a break from using energy digesting really helps...
  18. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

New BPS 'breakthrough' paper : childhood sexual harassment predicts ME severity

Sexual harrassment did contribute/part cause my CFS. But I was 19 at the time, not a child. At work, (sexually harassed by an AJAX footy player) and he 'literally' gave me glandular fever. I wonder if glandular fever is psychological too :whistle:
  19. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Perversely Dark Documentary

Thanks for sharing this video. I always presume that everyone with ME knows this state of being as that is just normal ME to me. I was lucky in that I only had 2 years of it, then a further 2 years of 70% in that state but unlucky in that I had no supportive parents, 24/7 migraine on top of it...
  20. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Plea to colleagues by doctor felled by ME

I think this is a very good point for us all to ponder.
  21. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

How often do you cry?

No where near as much as I should :grumpy:
  22. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

New breakthrough research: video games to activate people with ME

I didn't even read it. Just the thought of being forced to play the games is building up the PEM storage bank.
  23. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Anyone quit smoking? and see improvements?

Sorry i just meant noticeable effects
  24. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

yeah probably closer to 3 months than a couple of days.
  25. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

I quit smoking about 10 years ago. I didn't notice any difference what so ever health wise, nothing at all. I'd still quit though if you can. Think of all the extra money you'd be saving at the very least :)
  26. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Does anyone else worry about money/finances?

@bombsh3ll I'll have a word, the last time a few years ago i was only peri menopausal then on the repeat test i was ok so she told me as long as my symptoms are tolerable which they were because it was a month of flushes then okay for a few she didnt want to start treatment earlier than...
  27. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Thanks for this, i'm 39 now so maybe still don't qualify age wise? But i'll ask anyway
  28. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

I can totally relate @Misfit Toy I've been worrying about it for the last 20 years and probably will be until i die. I've already done the whole broke and homeless thing 10 years ago and was much more ill back then too. In the last few years i've managed to save a bit of money which is enough...