• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Intestinal Parasites

I've seen the article you mention. I have since passed other collections of worm-like matter and each time quite a few come down at once, and quite separate to stools. If these were normal findings, I don't understand why I haven't ever seen them before, in over 50 years. I also can't find any...
  2. A

Intestinal Parasites

Thanks for the advice about the mucous 'ropes'. That may well have been what it was and is a good description of it. Slow transit constipation has been a problem for me for at least 15 years. It started with an urgency to empty my bowel and I couldn't hold it in. Then it changed to constipation...
  3. A

Intestinal Parasites

Thanks folks. My doctor did send it away and phoned me today to say it is just mucous. I can't say I am completely reassured due to what I know I saw on that first occasion but I'll continue the parasite cleanse anyway for my own peace of mind. I also can't understand why so many of these...
  4. A

Intestinal Parasites

Can anyone tell me if the attached photo could be intestinal worms? I have had a lot of health damage over the last 18 years and have been on 3 B12 injections a week for almost 5 years now, prescribed by my doctor. I have sustained a lot of permanent nerve damage, including total loss of bladder...
  5. A

Mercury - how much longer?

Thanks folks. This has given me a starting point, Andrea
  6. A

Hi Crux, That sounds quite possible. As you say, it is very difficult to find out if that is the case and which one is causing the problem. I suppose potassium might be the culprit, especially since I was not to eat bananas as part of the detox diet. Lowered stomach acid has been an ongoing...
  7. A

Hi Rich, Thanks so much for your quick response. Perhaps I should have mentioned that I am in the UK! My glutathione level was depleted and blood tests in Sep 11 and February 12 show the following: (Latest results are in red): Superoxide Dismutase: 38 (>40) 40 Zinc/CopperSOD: 220 (240-410)...
  8. A

After 13 years of chronic health problems, such as CFS, scoliosis, nerve damage, hypertension, loss of bowel and bladder function, insomnia, muscle cramps, etc. etc., I eventually discovered they were related to mercury poisoning from having 16 dental amalgam fillings. I had the fillings safely...