• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. dipic

Whittemore Institute suing Mikovits for alleged theft of lab notebooks and data

Seems like there are an awful lot of assumptions being made. Cort, why have you postulated the same thing several times over in this thread as if you somehow know that Judy has the materials? It seems very silly to me. Waiting to see some actual evidence before jumping to any conclusions. All...
  2. dipic

This Requires A Very Good Explanation

I would "Like" the hell out of this post, but it tells me that I "must have atleast 10 posts before being able to rate posts", despite being well over that. Might as well considering it's been ages since I stopped posting here.
  3. dipic

This Requires A Very Good Explanation

Oh, that so? I wonder who you might be then, Mr./Ms. Ecoclimber.
  4. dipic

Lengthy article on the NCI website about XMRV origin

Nice disinfo propaganda the NCI are putting out. It's too bad they can't fool the educated patients and scientists.
  5. dipic

Reiki Healing. Anyone have any experiences?

Tried it due to my Mom pushing it through a couple of her friends who are "trained" in it. Did it really just to humor her as I often turn down a lot of the silly things she suggests... but I know she's just trying to be helpful. Some tranquil new age music played, a nice summer breeze came...
  6. dipic

Science asks authors to retract XMRV/CFS paper

Hardly. Show me some studies that have been actual replications of the original Science paper that are negative and we'll talk. How many so far to date? Ah, that's right. Zero.
  7. dipic

Negative XMRV CFS study with Ila Singh's name on it (University of Utah)

Yet another garbage zero-zero paper where even the author admitted that they used novel assays not able to detect XMRV. Seriously, WTF? Can we please get some true replication studies? This is becoming truly sad and pathetic; I'm beginning to lose all faith in the scientific community. As long...
  8. dipic

April 7/8 NIH State of Knowledge Conference - watch online to show our support!

There are many who would disagree with you (just skim through the comments of this thread for a taste.) Perhaps I do have small bias. It is hard to remain entirely objective, especially in manners such as this. Difference is, I'm not a journalist reporting coverage to anyone. Cort's bias toward...
  9. dipic

April 7/8 NIH State of Knowledge Conference - watch online to show our support!

Who initiated it? Who was standing up for the patients? Who was having accusations thrown at them with zero evidence? Who was being completely ignored by the other, side stepping questions, and not addressing valid issues raised? Who called in the pity party looking for sympathy because mean old...
  10. dipic

WPI Matching Fund 2/27/2011 - 3/31/2011

I'm torn whether I should donate now or wait until the COUNT ME IN fundraiser on the 20th. Not sure if the 20th has any sort of significance but I really wish we could simply just donate whenever we'd like throughout the month (I'd prefer the 1st) and have it count. As long as you're donating at...
  11. dipic

Caa poll

Voted for "Caa needs to change direction and leadership." It's pretty clear from the polling that the majority (among us, at least) believe the CAA to be a joke in it's current state. Also signed the recent petition that was created by Khaly Castle. It will be presented to the NIH and CDC, and...
  12. dipic

NYT article David Tuller

Heh, and one of these tools has been trolling XMRV/CFS articles for nearly the past year, assuming it's the same "Skeptic" (a fairly safe assumption, despite the commonality of the name.) I remember about, oh, 8 months or so ago when they were twice as belligerent, rude and condescending (if...
  13. dipic

A video on HIV-AIDS, are there similarities with XMRV-CFS ?

I think someone has a lot more research to do on the subject. Stick around here for awhile (maybe use the search function - plenty have discussed amalgam fillings), you might be surprised to learn a lot of things that have been known or very obvious to a lot of us for a very long time. I don't...
  14. dipic

You aren't going to believe this...Mycoplasma/Lo/XMRV

First of all, I have indeed actually watched the "documentary" in question, however it has been quite a number of years since. To re-watch and do even a fraction of what you have requested of me now would require a level of energy and cognitive function that I could only dream I had at this...
  15. dipic

You aren't going to believe this...Mycoplasma/Lo/XMRV

And why should anyone "trust" anything this documentary (perhaps should be in quotes as well?) claims? Honest question. In JREF and sharp, skeptical, open minds I trust. http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=114002 http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=144340...
  16. dipic

Klonopin

Currently been taking 2mg of clonazepam per night. Yeah... I really need to taper down and cut back. Unfortunately, I had been taking Lorazepam for 2 years prior and had built up a tolerance as I needed to increase the dosage as my neuro symptoms increased. Klonopin (or clonazepam, as I take...
  17. dipic

Google statistics on XMRV

Wow, go Norway.
  18. dipic

Another(and better?) theory of of ME/CFIDS/FMS/MCS etc.

(my bold) Are you referring to those who test positive to XMRV but are otherwise healthy individuals (what was it, the roughly 4% figure the WPI found)? Or are you referring to range in severity with those who test positive to XMRV (i.e. where some may be able to continue working in some...
  19. dipic

Worldwide petition to get access to secret ME/CFS files

Chances of this having any affect: 1 in a hundred million by my (extremely unscientific) estimate. :p That said, I signed it as well anyway... for the hell of it... I guess? I like your idea about the wikileaks guys; I believe I've read someone else suggest that before. I really don't know how...
  20. dipic

Does a normal brain MRI mean NO XMRV?

Brain damage? Hm... Cerebral atrophy? Certainly. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10974961 Dr.David Bell wrote a newsletter back in '05 about some studies finding cerebral atrophy in persons with ME/CFS. http://www.davidsbell.com/LynNewsV2N3.htm#Cerebral
  21. dipic

We need a video like this!

Excellent concept, and I agree, such a great approach not often thought of. That said, we also don't have ten thousand uber famous celebrities to appear in any of our videos either. :worried: The concept alone is worth replicating but naturally it won't have quite the same effect as it would...
  22. dipic

GcMAF trial

Ciao accaivu2, Spero che sia appropriato per tradurre il tuo post di inglese qui.
  23. dipic

GcMAF trial

Ciao accaivu2, Spero che sia appropriato per tradurre il tuo post di inglese qui.
  24. dipic

How to gain weight? (in a healthy way)

Heh, when I first got sick with a bout of mono (triggering this whole nasty thing), I initially lost nearly 25lbs. in that month that I did little else but lay in bed and sleep. I'm 6'1", and only weighed a meager 155lbs. before I got sick. Over the last several years my weight has just...
  25. dipic

VIP Dx Culture Test Poll For A LATENT Infection

Why would telling a patient, "Sorry, we don't have all the answers right now but we are working very hard to find them and we will not stop until we do" (or something along those lines; something I believe the WPI has said before) much more (or even at all) irresponsible? That's the truth...
  26. dipic

Hi akrasia and omerbasket, Perhaps you are right; I was a bit harsh/not completely fair. But do not get me wrong for a second. I am so appreciative of what the WPI has done so far (I only just wish their PR skills were a little better.) I am also certainly willing to give them the benefit of...
  27. dipic

That's a terrible, completely irresponsible thing for anyone, let alone a scientist, to say, potentially giving people false hope. Stuff like that really makes me angry. Seeing her talk about finding XMRV in Autism patients (and publicly speculating about a vaccine to autism trigger) despite...
  28. dipic

Friend of WPI for 60 $ year

My old man donated a fairly decent amount of money to the WPI and never got so much as an indication that "hey, we got your money", let alone a thank you or the other crap mentioned. I realize they are very busy and all (to say the least), and I'm sure this wasn't intentional, but for some...
  29. dipic

Cheney's Latest Newsletter

slayadragon: I see you speak about mold and biotoxins and what not very often. And I understand your reason for it, for the most part (I mean, even just your previous couple posts explain a part of it quite well.) I'm curious, however, and I'm sorry if this has come up before and I missed it...
  30. dipic

Cheney's Latest Newsletter

It's too bad I didn't save each and every one of his posts into word documents and place them into neatly organized folders on my hard drive when I had a subscription. :innocent1: :Retro wink: He seriously needs to get on that stat. I've heard that he was going to begin to finally start doing...