• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

COMT++ MTR++ MTRR -+

Yeah, I think this is most likely going to become a passion project for me. I’m one of those persons who firmly believes that the body, when unhealthy, is merely asking for some very small things it’s not currently getting (and/or plus avoidance), so I’m determined to find the link. It’s very...
  2. G

COMT++ MTR++ MTRR -+

Thanks! Will definitely keep on eye on my potassium.
  3. G

COMT++ MTR++ MTRR -+

Hip, Thanks for the additional info. Will let you know how it goes.
  4. G

COMT++ MTR++ MTRR -+

Hip, Thanks for the follow up. Geez. That’s not promising. Still, I’d rather have vast truth over false hope. With your experience, what’s the best place to begin looking for solutions? Seems like I’ve tried every diet from paleo, keto, Vegan, fasting, time restricted. I can find small...
  5. G

COMT++ MTR++ MTRR -+

Alice, Thank you so much for the very detailed and thorough response to my thread, appreciate you taking your personal time. In reference to the snp’s, yes, that was my assumption; that beyond keeping a close eye on my nutrition, and possibly adding commonplace supplements-I might not be able...
  6. G

COMT++ MTR++ MTRR -+

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. I will definitely look into this test. I've made an appointment with an ND, so I shall run it by him. How accurate is this test?
  7. G

COMT++ MTR++ MTRR -+

Thanks for the reply, Kurt. I've started some methylfolate, seem to be tolerating it ok. I've also started some hydroxy12/adeno, also thus far tolerated. I'm not entirely sure I "feel" better, or different yet, but I'm hopeful that with time they will prove to be beneficial. I think getting a...
  8. G

High rate of false positives and misinterpretation of SNPs characterize direct-to-consumer genetic testing

Very interesting article. Reading this definitely is motivation to get re tested by my nd.
  9. G

MTHFR discrepancies

That’s quite disturbing to read. Why is the error taking place? Or, rather, how...
  10. G

Anxiety and SNP's

Are you COMT ++? I am, and from what I’ve come across anxiety seems to be fairly prevalent. As far as pathogenic, that’s a tough one. I’m still getting my feet wet with this stuff, so to speak. Before I got my DNA back , I too suspected high glutamate in myself. How did you confirm that?
  11. G

COMT++ MTR++ MTRR -+

I will include a snapshot of my gene snps below, brought to you by Nutrahacker. I’m fairly new to the understandings of gene mutations, but have come a long way. I’m in my mid 30’s and have dealt with chronic-sometimes debilitating health issues since around the age of 17. Two years ago I...