• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

9 Rounds of Electroshock Therapy. 6 Years Lost. All Because Her Doctors Got It Horribly Wrong.

It's so bad it's good. Then again, I had the flu when I watched it so I may have been delirious!
  2. L

9 Rounds of Electroshock Therapy. 6 Years Lost. All Because Her Doctors Got It Horribly Wrong.

Please tell me you have seen the movie "The Road to Wellville."
  3. L

starving with keto

I am on WW (formerly Weight Watchers) and it has helped me lose 50 pounds (so far). It gets into what is the healthy foods and helps you understand choices. My sister is diabetic and it has helped her tremendously. Keto is not recommended by many doctors. However, cutting back on carbs will...
  4. L

This was hard to read because, well, no one believed her. https://www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fitness/a25362145/electroshock-therapy-misdiagnosis/ The article swings it to make it sound like it's a women's health issue, but in reality it is an ignorance issue.
  5. L

God Help Us!

My favorite so far - your daughter is avoiding school! There must be something going on at SCHOOL! She's depressed! Yeah. She loves school and has taken many of the depression tests. Guess what? She's not depressed! But since we can't SEE an illness in a lab test, it must be in your head...
  6. L

Unexplained recovery from lactose intolerance?

Interesting. I wonder if different diet drinks would affect you differently. Sorry, I find this really fascinating!
  7. L

Unexplained recovery from lactose intolerance?

This is fascinating. My daughter is 14 (not diagnosed with CFS yet) and had a food sensitivity test thing done. It showed she had a slight allergy to dairy to where the doctor said to cut out all dairy except cooked (used in cooking, cheese on pizza, etc). She loves milk. That is ALL she...