9 Rounds of Electroshock Therapy. 6 Years Lost. All Because Her Doctors Got It Horribly Wrong.

Gemini

Good to see this excellent article in a widely circulated magazine @laughin, thanks for posting it!

From the publisher:
Cosmopolitan is the best-selling young women's magazine in the U.S., a bible for fun, fearless females that reaches more than 17 million readers a month. Cosmopolitan delivers the latest news on men and love, work and money, fashion and beauty, health, self-improvement and entertainment.

Cosmopolitan.com reaches over 35 million unique users a month, in addition to boasting a social media following of nearly 15 million. In addition to the U.S. flagship, Cosmopolitan publishes in more than 80 countries around the world.

Like that the author mentions "ME/CFS can cause up to 60 different symptoms." The sheer number of symptoms is one of the most distinguishing features of ME/CFS not reflected in Case Definitions.

Gemini

This is a horror story. It's not just doctors' ignorance, it's their arrogance too - their refusal to listen to patients and refusal to say "I don't know", when they don't know.
Sadly, yes @Mary.

Perhaps in the future computer-assisted diagnosis of complex illnesses, and artificial intelligence, will eliminate the ignorance and bias described in this article.