• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

Atorvastatin -- Could It Work For Anyone Else?

This is quite interesting as there's been a lot of buzz recently about the effects of Statins on inflammation. One of the theory's doing the rounds is that the host of symptoms we encounter is being caused in some part by inflammation of the brain (Jarred Younger's research).
  2. R

Tracking CCI / AAI MRI & Treatment outcomes

Thanks for the advice Joly that's really helpful.
  3. R

Tracking CCI / AAI MRI & Treatment outcomes

Hi, If I wanted to look into this as a possibility could I contact the Medserena directly or do I have to find a consultant first - I live in London. I'm not sure what the best route is to getting a diagnosis? Btw amongst many of my odd symptoms (too many to list) was an odd thing that was...
  4. R

Anyone else: Main Symptom mental fatigue?

Hi, Yes my symptoms are the same as yours as well. I've never been too badly affected physically. For a long time I wasn't sure if what I had was the same condition as other sufferers. My big problem has always been my brain not working, I get mentally tired very easily and have all sorts of...
  5. R

My recovery story

I've just found this thread and was wondering if this could be something for me to look in to? I started to ill at the beginning of 2016 - eventually getting diagnosed with ME/CFS later that year. My illness a bit atypical, I have no pain and can have long periods of relative good health...
  6. R

Hi! New to PR - MCAS advice???

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some advice on MCAS - primarily if I could be suffering from it? I’m 48 years old male and was diagnosed with ME/CFS in 2016, I also suffered from a similar illness back in 2006. That time it lasted approximately 12 months then miraculously disappeared only...