• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

I need feedback about explaining illness to others (specific incident)

Thanks again everyone. It feels good being able to share with people who get it. And get your support. I ended up sending an email and then met with someone that night. As I expected, they were very accommodating and said whatever I need to do is fine. I was pretty certain that would be the...
  2. B

Thank you everyone for the things you have to say. Going to digest what you have to say and then respond to each post separately. However I wanted to make clear 2 things. 1) The chorus is completely willing to be accommodating to me and others who have physical limitations. 2) The...
  3. B

I continue to try and figure out how I tell people about my illness, as most of us do I guess. But now I have a specific concern that I hope to get feedback on. When I became ill I had to stop performing. (I was a musical theatre actor.). But as the years went by I felt more and more like I was...