• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

A Disabled Community Abandoned: The ME/CFS Public Health Crisis In Britain

British people suffering from Myalgic Encephalitis otherwise known as ME or Chronic Fatigue syndrome (CFS) have suffered from over 30 years of medial neglect and health inequalities which need to be addressed as a matter of urgency. In the UK over 260,000 people are suffering with no...
  2. P

Please support Dr Myhill's letter to the GMC accusing the PACE authors of fraud

I have written to the GMC in support of Dr.Myhill's complain against rthe PACE authors and recieved the following reply from the GMC. Has anyone else received a similar reply? ''Dear Dr.Murphy, Thank you for your letter to Terence Stephenson, on the 5 February. I can confim that Terence has...
  3. P

update on NICE consultation over its ME guidelines

I recently wrote to NICE asking them about the timeline for the update of their ME guidelines. Below is the answer I received: ''We currently have the consultation on our scope scheduled for the 21 June 2018 with the consultation on the full draft guideline on the 14 April 2020. If you have...
  4. P

Short film about the experiences of ME sufferers in Kirklees and Calderdale

Dear Friends, my local ME support group (Kirklees and Calderdale Independent Support Group) is campaigning for better services for people with the illness. In the near future it will be having talks with the local CCGs about some of the issues raised in the film below. It was produced by...
  5. P

Severe ME Sufferer faces ban on volunteering

Dear Friends, thank you for your kind and thoughtful comments. I have contacted the Disability Law Service, Equality Advisory Service, Pension Advisory Service, Disability Rights UK and my union the NEU and feel like I am going round in circles and going nowhere fast. Anyway, all I can do is...
  6. P

Severe ME Sufferer faces ban on volunteering

I am 49 and have struggled since 2011 to stay in my teaching job (in the UK) due to a bout of swine flu led to me developing ME. A major relapse in May 2016 led to me taking long term sick leave and after 8 months (January 2017) was dismissed on the grounds of ill-health as I was too ill to...
  7. P

Telegraph: Exercise can help chronic fatigue syndrome, study shows

Yesterday Jim Shannon an MP from the DUP (an extremist group from N.Ireland that has links to protestant paramilitaries) asked the British Minister for Health the following question: To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what steps his Department is taking to encourage people with chronic...
  8. P

My victory over Atos and DWP discrimination

My victory over institutional discrimination by Atos and DWP Last Friday I received the dreaded brown DWP envelope. Fully expecting yet more bad news I tore open the envelope ready to rip up the letter and fling it in the bin. The letter informed me that in light of my second complaint against...