• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

ADHD and aGPC

Hello everyone, I have had fatigue, depression and attention problems all my life and worse the last decade or so. After postponing and postponing for years I finally took the plunge and saw a psychiatrist who diagnosed me with ADHD inattentive. It didn't exactly come as a surprise as I had...
  2. T

Hypomagnesemia, hypocalcemia and hypokalemia - Help please.

I am taking divided doses. I'm feeling a lot better now that I've upped the dosages of everything. I had a migraine for the first 24hours but that seems to have abated now. I will restart the methylation supps when I'm feeling a bit more stable and this time I'll take it slower. :) This...
  3. T

I don't remember offhand but it was within normal range. I'm a big salt eater so I'm not surprised to be honest. Of the three hypos potassium was also the one I was most aware of so I was taking a lot of low salt. That has a lot of sodium along the potassium so it undoubtedly helped as well.
  4. T

2 month's into Freddd's active protocol and I've somehow managed to deplete myself of magnesium, calcium and potassium. I was supplementing all 3 anyway and I was fully expecting my potassium need to shoot up. I wasn't expecting my magnesium and calcium to tank the way they did though! I am now...
  5. T

AGXT2 and pyruvate metabolism

Thanks guys. One less thing to worry about. I do read and research but it's sometimes hard to understand/interpret what you've got in front of you especially on a bad day. @alicec I am trying to find ways of boosting my ATP production. I was thinking that increasing the citric acid cycle...
  6. T

AGXT2 and pyruvate metabolism

I've literally just discovered that I am homozygous for AXGT2 rs37369(C;C) which if I understand well is implicated in faulty alanine metabolism. Has anyone read anything about this? Am I right in my suspicion that this could have direct effects on the levels of pyruvate available for acetyl co...
  7. T

Active B12 Protocol Basics

Small update. Still hanging on with the protocol. My hypokalemia is thankfully undercontrol and has been so for about a week. I'm taking about 3g of potassium a day in a combination of 550mg potassium gluconate tablets and low salt on an as needed basis. A couple of days ago I started a daily...
  8. T

A couple of days ago I had a thought that rather than just hypokalemia I might be experiencing a degree of hyperthyroidism. I didn't take yesterday's levothyroxine and today I only took half dose. I seem to be better. I'll be getting my bloods checked just in case but I seem to have hit the nail...
  9. T

Got you. Thanks. I'll keep it handy should it become too much to handle.
  10. T

Thanks guys. I'm reading all the links provided with great interest. I've increased further the potassium and I do feel somewhat better though the sleepiness and sugar cravings are pretty intense atm. @caledonia. I do have niacin on hand but I don't think I'm actually overmethylated. I'm not...
  11. T

@Freddd or anyone who might be able to help. I am approaching two months on the active protocol and I am starting to feel the physical fatigue and the waking up tired creeping back. It's not extreme and I could probably push past it were it not for the fear of making it worse. I've been here...
  12. T

Sciatic pain for the first time 3 weeks into active protocol

Today it's shifted to rather severe lower back pain instead of sciatic pain. This pain I'm familiar with though and is definitely hormonal as I get it fairly regularly every month or so. I'll have an anti-inflammatory and push on with my supplements. If I've learnt anything here it's that often...
  13. T

Sciatic pain for the first time 3 weeks into active protocol

Today I've woken up feeling some sciatic pain for the first time ever. Is this something that could have been triggered off by the active protocol? Is this likely to be healing? If that's the case I'm getting healing in areas I didn't even know that were damaged.....
  14. T

@Freddd When I first started this 3 weeks ago I started straight away with the 5mg of MeB12. I figured it wouldn't kill me and I was well stocked with Potassium in case I got hypokalemia symptoms. I had already trialled 1mg some months back so I felt reasonably confident. I hadn't added the...
  15. T

@garyfritz Thanks for your advice. I'm on sublinguals at the moment. I can't complain so far but it's only just been over 3 weeks for me. I can see how one would prefer a topical product if there is greater absorption. I will keep them in mind for the future. I fortunately have no fillings at...
  16. T

Hi. I hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread. I was wondering how you were doing Grapes? Are things still improving for you? I've recently started the active protocol and it's been interesting to say the least. I am probably going faster than recommended but I'm a bit impatient and I...