• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. parisflower

X-Men Mutant Protocols: A1298C Homozygous

Hello Fellow A1298C'ers, I just got my results back from 23andMe and could really use some advice. I've done a fair bit of reading on methylation, but boy, am I in over my head trying to make sense of my results. (++) MTHFR A1298C VDR Taq MTRR A66G SHMT1 C1420T (+/-) MAO-A R297R CBS C699T...
  2. parisflower

Lunulas

My nails have always grown quickly. They are also really strong. Calathea, I don't know if the B12 I've been taking is what's behind the little moons on my two fingers showing up. I can only tell you that there are tiny slivers right now and they weren't there two weeks ago. I have a lot of...
  3. parisflower

Lunulas

A few weeks ago I looked at my fingernails and there were no lunulas on the fingers, only on my thumbs. I've been taking methylfolate and methylb12 for the past two weeks and I see two new lunulas forming on my right hand index and middle finger. Cool! (no idea why the right hand only, one...
  4. parisflower

Comment by 'parisflower' in 'A Tale of Two Studies'

This is very worrisome for me. A brain scan I had done back in 2008 showed "mild atrophy unexpected for age" (I was mid-thirties). My neurologist and my physician both told me that it wasn't clinically relevant. I have great difficulty with word finding. It terrifies me to wonder what that image...