• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

Vitamin D deficiency advice..

Hi All, I've just had some blood test results back and my doctor has flagged that my vitamin D levels are extremely low, 26nmol/L (healthy range 75-200). I have not been tested for Vit D levels before. I have reason to believe 26nmol/L is probably much higher than my average over the last few...
  2. R

The root of depression? P11 Protein (S100A10) inducers and inhibitor list?

Thanks Tunguska, that's very interesting and I have some reading up to do! -- I think the best result is a lack of noticeable effect, just back to normal, feeling right, and not altered or high etc.. Having achieved the outcome you wanted have you investigated or found any ways to sustain this...
  3. R

Do you know whether NAC suitable for longterm (lifetime) use, or is efficiacy or safey lost over time? I wonder if non-acetyl 'L-Cysteine' would have the same effects on glutamate. I do often see information inciting that Cysteine acts as an excitotoxin (Google Cysteine, excitoxin for...
  4. R

Hi All, I've been looking at some of the latest research around P11 (S100A10) protein and its mood effects.. It 's fascinating to me as a good candidate for a unified explanation of archetypal depression... Brief overview of what we're talking about here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S100A10...
  5. R

Reactivate transsulfuration pathway with Salvianolic Acid A - Has this been tried?

Thanks Eljefe19 .. I'm not familiar with Freddd's protocol yet but will read up. Which supps did you get? I was hoping there's a Salvianolic Acid A supp available as I guess quantity of it varies in Danshen - not found one yet so might get Danshen too once I've checked safety, dosage, side...
  6. R

Reactivate transsulfuration pathway with Salvianolic Acid A - Has this been tried?

Apologies Bansaw I'm very new to this and not qualified to answer, and haven't checked any safety/side effects or dosage of putting this into practice yet (please see it as theoretical for now).. really interested to see input from other members on it though. A lot of supplements etc seem to...
  7. R

Hi All, new to all this so apologies if this is covering old ground! I'm curious to know whether if anyone has previously tried Salvianolic acid A (SAL A) being used to restore the Transsulfuration pathway? It seems to be readily available as Danshen (Red Sage) extract, used in TCM. There...
  8. R

Cysteine Advice (NAC and l-cysteine)

It's a good point -- When this happened I was terrified that long(ish) term NAC use had maybe been building up some kind of sensitization (Glutamate excitotoxicity or similar) and immediately thought stop all supplements. Entirely possible stopping only made things worse!!
  9. R

I would think I'm at the very low end for exposure to heavy metals.. I've never had any fillings, industrial contact, lived in a clean air area life long etc
  10. R

Thanks Tunguska - did you establish what caused your experience? I stopped the NAC just in case ... but realistically the symptoms may well have been something completely unrelated!
  11. R

Hi All, This is my first post, but have been lurking for a few months using the forum for insights into how to manage my symptoms, and have seen some great support and guidance here I'm a 33 year old male, and I suffer with brain fog, mental fatigue, heart palpitations, chest tightness...