• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase and POTS

If excess NO is why I get sick less after CFS, and why I get POTS, and why I have very obvious veins showing to the point where the hospital guy said I have the most perfect veins for finding where to stick the needle (NO might be involved there as well?), and why I seemed stuck in fight and...
  2. M

Can Adeno B12 convert to Methyl B12?

That's been my experience as well. In some vegans? Or rather those vegans may have gotten it elsewhere somehow? As of now—without good evidence—I will assume they (MeCbl and AdoCbl) don't covert to each other, or rather just AdoCbl converts to MeCbl?
  3. M

Thanks! Looks like the post was from Crux. I guess it can all fit together if someone has the time to put all the pieces in place. I suppose Cruz and Adreno have done a little of that.
  4. M

Can Adeno B12 convert to Methyl B12?

Does anyone know if Hydroxy B12 converts better to Methyl B12 when compared to Adeno B12?
  5. M

What I'm wondering is why after CFS do I get sick less often? That wouldn't be NO related correct?
  6. M

My take is that some of the benefit of certain supplements are being lost because we tend to look for a quick fix. I recently made a post about ART, but I also mentioned supplements, so I will quote it below:
  7. M

Aggressive Rest Therapy: My Experience

The difficulty is that you can feel more tired by resting deeply, which in itself can make things difficult, as you could almost be persuaded that you're getting worse as a result. But in time you do better, even if it means waiting for the results. I suspect many supplements that may make us...
  8. M

I tested 8mg of Astaxanthin, and I see no difference in my POTS. Who knows, it was just one day and I don't plan to keep taking it. Stuff that seems awesome on paper often doesn't match the same awesomeness in actuality.
  9. M

"Astaxanthin inhibits nitric oxide" http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14503852 Also: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23100599 So alleviating oxidative damage improves mitochondrial function? Isn't that the goal of Dr Pall?
  10. M

Very interesting. Indeed it does. Quote below from Dr Myhill, which is fitting after reading that study:
  11. M

Poll on eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis... - Autoimmunity, inflammation and leaky gut links

I assumed many months to fix leaky gut. I could be wrong. I also believe some supplements can take weeks to months for clear results, which makes things somewhat difficult. Overall I am not big on N-A-G, only assuming it may have value. Maybe not?
  12. M

Poll on eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis... - Autoimmunity, inflammation and leaky gut links

N-A-G would have to be used for many months to see results, but for leaky gut that can be said for a lot of things. I would say N-A-G for 5 months straight, then decide.
  13. M

I found this: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/49801617_Glucosamine_Improved_Atopic_Dermatitis-like_Skin_Lesions_in_NCNga_Mice_by_Inhibition_of_Th2_Cell_Development N-A-G helps leaky gut, but may also treat atopic dermatitis by the inhibition of Th2.
  14. M

Fish oil Causing more fatigue?

I seem to do better on sardines rather than fish oil supplements. Not sure why that is? My body seems to hate fish oil and flax oil, as I only have neutral or negative experiences with them. I would keep taking them on and off because we're told how important they are. I think people fear fish...
  15. M

LDN and Glutamate.

I found this: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/anyone-experience-anxiety-on-ldn-and-just-push-through-it.42666/ Also 50mg wouldn't seem safe for someone with CFS. Overall I think it's possible that the anxiety (likely causing the lack of sleep) may be glutamate related.
  16. M

Tips Please regarding google searching the site and all the information

Don't think of progress as being based on how many new pieces of information you can gather, but rather think of it based on how well you use the information you've already gathered, and how content and happy you are with life you have right now. If progress was just about surviving, we would...
  17. M

Do you get anxious while trying a drug that's new to you?

Am I the only one who worries when taking a new drug or supplement? I'm very comfortable with what I'm used to taking, but if I get a new drug from my doctor—or even a new supplement that has some risks—I can get very anxious taking it, almost waiting for a bad reaction. It's a horrible mindset...
  18. M

IV Magnesium is better than other forms. Why doesn't my magnesium level increase?

So selenomethionine should be used with magnesium, or selenocysteine? Which is better? Edit: oops, he later answered the same question from someone else.
  19. M

successful treatment for light/noise sensitivity?

I tried it for one day. Nothing much noticed; however, it wasn't really enough time. Has anyone else tried it longer? Like for a few months?
  20. M

causes of muscle twitching/spams

As to why high B6 could deplete magnesium, here is a quote from Dr. Michael Lam, MD: So I guess it can deplete them. https://www.drlam.com/blog/pyroluria-and-adrenal-fatigue-syndrome-part-1/10947/
  21. M

causes of muscle twitching/spams

High dose B6 gives me twitches and spasms. It's because it depletes Magnesium, but it also depletes B2 and zinc. The P5P form shouldn't cause the same issues, or is at least less likely to cause them.
  22. M

Depression on Naltrexone

It's probably the LDN, but if it isnt, it may be simply that you now have something to lose? The thoughts of future normalcy, make you think like a normie; the unhappy feeling that comes from desire to gain what is yet outside your reach, and the fear of losing what is inside your reach.
  23. M

Nervana: Non-surgical vagus nerve stimulation via earphones

Im skeptical, insomuch as I'm wonder whether such stimulation over long periods of time could end up harmful. And to what degree it may be taxing to the brain. Overall though, it's something to look into. It could only be a positive.
  24. M

Anyone have problems with Astaxanthin?

Someone linked to this before: http://www.complete-pharma.com/warnings_astaxanthin.html I was wondering, if astaxanthin lowers nitric oxide, is that good or bad for CFS?
  25. M

LDN and Glutamate.

I was wondering if the trouble sleeping that many have while on LDN was attributed to glutamate neurotoxicity?
  26. M

Gut bacteria destroyed after Flu, need help

Like the thread starter and many others posting here, I too ran into IBS issues after a stomach flu. It seems like many of us did, all at around the same time too. Interesting.
  27. M

LDN and Glutamate.

I know this is an old thread, but I was thinking of trying LDN in the future, and would like the answer to your question. Has LDN caused anxiety for anyone?
  28. M

Align with N-A-G?

Is it okay to take the Align probiotic at the same time I take N-A-G (700mg)? It would be on an empty stomach. Would the probiotic eat the N-A-G? Would it be harmful in someway? Would the probiotic get accustomed to eating N-A-G? Sorry if these are stupid questions. :) I imagine the benefit...
  29. M

How does one see a doctor when bed-bound?

I should've explained that it's more of an issue of worrying about crashing, as I'm mostly bed-bound, but can still get up to go to the bathroom, etc. I could push myself to go, which is what I'll likely do. I live in the U.S. I was mostly house bound, but got a stomach flu, then anxiety and...